U23 Melbourne Cup

As at 8pm we have over 50 entries for the the U23 Melbourne Cup at Ed Fleming Lanes (14th to 15th Sept). Above Budget. Entry form available on TotalBowling.

Good to see the numbers up on what was expected Ian :) Doesn't usually happen lately in Youth Tournaments so lets hope this is a good one like it seems to be forming and stays that way :)

Can't wait to get over there

Just over a week away :)

See ya's all soon
Toodles
Lil Leisa

Unfortunately the MiLK_MaN has to work 12 am - 8 am on the Saturday morning. I will be there watching as I have to ferry two bowlers to the bowl both days anyway

Milkie,

I thought that I'd finished being your Dad once we got off the plane from Thailand? Looks this ain't the case and I still have to plan your days.

How about this?

Saturday 14th September 2002
Work: 12.00am to 08.00am
Pick up Interstaters from aiport: 10.00am
Drive to Bowl: 11.00am
CHECK-IN FOR B SQUAD: 1.30pm
BOWL B SQUAD: 2.00pm
Go Home: 6.00pm
Bed (Sleep) 10.00pm

Sunday 15th September 2002
Wake Up: 7.00am
Drive to BOWL: 8.00am
CHECK-IN: 9.30am
BOWL MATCHPLAY: 10.00am (of course, you'll make the top 12 - who are you kidding?)
Presentations: 2.30pm
Drive to Airport: 3.00pm
Say Farewell to Interstaters: 4.30pm
Go Home: 5.00pm
Bed (Sleep): 10.00pm

Monday 16th September 2002
Bank $1500 Winners Cheque: 9.30am
Congratulate myself 4 winning $1500 instead of mopping around the bowl annoying the s*** out of everyone: 9.31am

The entry form didnt say anything about year book average if it is higher than your current league average.

I only have a 188 average at sunshine, can I use that?

Milkman

A bowler of your ability would not need to worry about a handicap. You as Pedro stated would make the top 12.

You should do what Steve Kiss does at many tournaments. Works all night, drives to the bowl, sleeps in car then Bowls.

But of course you have not placed an entry!!!!

Milkie,

Who taught you to read?

Tournament Condition 8
Average is based on HIGHEST league average over 18 games as at 31st July 2002.

No mention of Yearbook, this implies 18 games in the year 2002 in an accredited league. Was your Sunshine league accredited? I know, unfair question, as I already know the answer.

As from 2.30 this afternoon entries now total 60 (25% from intertate) and a significant number of girls.

Squad list is available from the link as posted earlier (scroll up the page).

PS The Milkman has relented after a compelling win at Boronia yesterday. He allegedly worked all night, had no sleep and then averaged 226 to beat second by 81 pins. He has now entered the Under 23 Melbourne Cup.

Milkie, if you win next weekend then you owe me big time.

good luck

good luck to all the bowler bowing this weekend it should be a good one it is a dam i can be out there have a go but next time good luck to all 8)

The milkman going soft .. that's an unusual occurence - however this time it seems to be for the better. :D

Little Macca - where's your note?

Milkman, GOING soft??? We all know the real story!!!!

With that many entries i think it is a good idea in extending the cut.. 14 or 16 makes it a good day for the finals :)

Should be a good weekend cant wait to get there.

Jez,

I asked that question to Simon Calder, manager of Mooroolbark. I said, would you pay more, or pay further, and he said pay further.

And if they had enough entries, they would extend the open, and handicap cuts

Guys,

There's a fair chance that we'll do both (extend the cut and pay longer - 1 in 2), but I'm sure that we make this call after everyone has checked in.

Right now we have 65 entries and there's always a couple of no shows.

Even the Milkman is no certainty - is this right??? Something to do with sleep.

Back
Top Bottom