Tournament Software

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
We are investigating new software that is capable of running a Championship event and would appreciate any input from other States or Associations. We are presently considering the Perfect Tournament program, does anyone have any thoughts regarding either this particular software or anything else that is being successfully used?
Any input would be much appreciated.

Didn't you guys just buy software last year?

What requirements do you have, other than the basic SDT/AE ?
How much are you willing to spend?

We are still looking for a program that gives decent reporting - bowlers like to get regular updated scores, and we still cant find a program that is totally happy with mixed events being part of All Events. Plus the software hates it when different squads bowl at the same time for example doubles on lanes 1 - 6 and teams on lanes 7 - 12.
Cost is important but getting a decent program is of prime importance.

Have you seen the web output from my software?

Are you going to be in Canberra any time soon? I'd be more than happy to meet you somewhere and demonstrate it's capabilities

Jeff's software is the best I have ever seen. If I could afford it, I would help run Championship events.

Jeff - Thanks. We weren't aware of your personal software, I will contact you by pm.
We have had more feedback than we ever imagined - everyone has been most helpful and our thanks to all who have contacted us about this.

Hi Andrew,

Last year bought the Perfect Tournament program through treasurey software and have now run 3 championship successfully.

Did find a problem at first with mixed events but found a way to over come this.

I know Mary Bacon from TBA NSW has also used this software for the last 2 State Championships also with success.

Current Price is $US499.95 = $A520.90.
http://www.treasuresoftware.com/pt.html

If you have any further question but don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers
Ron Forbes
Tournament Director
Orange Tenpin Bowl

Ron, thanks. We are talking to Treasure at the moment however we really want 2 copies of any software program and as its not cheap we want to make sure that it will do the job before we buy it. It does seem to be a popular program with some of the TDs. I guess the reason we're being a bit more careful is that we did buy T3 and it didn't fit the bill so we want to get it right this time.

i have dabbled with programming before. I would love to have a crack at making a tournament program entirely in excel which sets up the tournament, players, squad times, gradings, results etc.

For a test run I would build it around the nationals (would take a few months to build) and see how I go. If it goes alright I will be happy to give it away for free as at least I am giving something back to this sport.

i have dabbled with programming before. I would love to have a crack at making a tournament program entirely in excel which sets up the tournament, players, squad times, gradings, results etc.
For a test run I would build it around the nationals (would take a few months to build) and see how I go. If it goes alright I will be happy to give it away for free as at least I am giving something back to this sport.

Don't take this the wrong way, you're insane :p

Trust me, I've already done it, I was insane then.

I would be rather fascinated to see the results though, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom