Tournament software

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Does anyone have any opinions regarding Tournamator software? We are looking for a more flexible program and this was suggested to us. At present we are using SGT.

Whilst I can't comment on that particular product, SGT is certainly past its day. Are you seriously implying that your association is looking to pay $200US for tournament software?

I would guess also that it's probably very complicated, since it was geared for US tournaments which I'm told tend to draw as much interest to regionals as we do to nationals, if not more.

Hi Peter,

We used to use your SGT until 2005, and since went with a more modern alternative.

I'd be interested in some of the technology here, and I'm not sure if others might as well; what did you write it in, and what format is that database in?

I will be soon looking to extract historical data from a lot of disparate files into a central SQL store, I can drop it to excel and then SSIS import it into SQL, but I'd prefer to read it directly.

When correctly set-up, Computer Score scoring system can quite accurately produce tournament results (Championships type events) within minimal time. Print scoresheets, compare against league record and/or recap sheets and produce standing sheets for each respective grade. Have placings up within 10 minutes (Open, Classic, A etc & Male, Female, etc), instead of up to 1 hour when manually inputting scores into a separate tournament software.

Even better, picture software that can
Directly extract from ComScore (which is pretty easy to do) automatically.
Can insert bowlers and squads into ComScore automatically (also relatively easy to do).
Keep a history of a bowlers whole "career" of events run by that software.
Allow entrants to place their entries online into the system (live availablility)
Automatic lanedraws with seeding options (to keep the grades somewhat together)
Doubled-up bowler detection (SGT does this quite well)

There is so much we could be doing

Back
Top Bottom