Totalbowling Sport Series 2004

bfcc

hi all, i wanted to get the dates for the sports series early so we don't clash with any other events. we are on the road next year with 3 tournaments at caboolture, 2 tournaments at mt warren, and 1 tournament at ipswich superbowl.

dates -
1st caboolture 29th february 2004
2nd mt warren 18th april 2004
3rd ipswich 6th june 2004
4th caboolture 1st august 2004
5th mt warren 10th october 2004
6th caboolture 19th december 2004

i have checked with mary flower and we won't clash with the twin tour, have also spoken to graham and we won't clash with the amf tournaments and with the dates booked and confirm i hope not to run into ant other tournaments, please let me know if any of the dates clash with a tournament that u know of.

changes for the 2004 sport series!!!!
you will be happy to know the price will be the same as this year!!!(thanks to batesy and dino for the game rates)

joining fee $25
bowling fee $75 each tournament.

BOWLER OF THE YEAR AWARDS
we are changing the points system for the bowler of the year award-
points will be awarded depending on total number of bowlers.
50 bowlers winner will get 50 points , 2nd 49, 3rd 48 , down to last place getting 1 point.
40 bowlers winner will get 40 points, 2nd 39, 3rd 38, down to last place getting 1 point

all tournaments will be counted (no more dropping a bad one)!!!

LUCKY BOWLER-
one lucky bowler who hasn't cashed in any tournament will win a new bowling ball (must have bowled all 6 tournaments to qualify) all the names will be placed in a hat and the winner will be drawn out.

JUNIOR BOWLER OF THE YEAR !!!!
brando's proshop has given us a bowling ball to give away to the top place junior for 2004 u must have bowled 5 of the 6 tournaments(min 6 bowlers).

HUGE THANKS TO BRANDO FOR HIS EFFORTS IN SUPPORTING THE SPORT SERIES AND JUNIOR BOWLING.

top junior outside of the money will get $75 each tournament (min 6 junior bowlers needed)

This looks like it's going to be a good comp next year! I was hoping to bowl in it this year, but other problems arose (house burning down, transport, etc). Anyway, on the same weekend that the comp is on in Ipswich, the Association Challengs is being held in Rocky. Is there any chance of Ipswich being moved so that I (and possibly other bowlers) could bowl in all 6 comps and hopefully get the bowling ball if I don't win any money. I know it sounds bad, but I am under no illusion that it could be difficult to cash out at these events due to the quality of bowlers that can and do bowl at these comps. However, you just never know.

Cheers.

Chris G.

thanks for the reply chris i will talk to dino and see what we can arrange, will post once i can confirm a new date.

I would personally like to see any bowler who has an established league average of 190 and below to be given 8 pins a game as an incentitve to particpate in these great events. Whilst I have heard some people feel they will miss out on cashing please take into account that the more bowlers there is the more cash spots are on offer.

Remember the more the merrier and I think the lower average bowlers need a little more encouragement than a lucky dip at the end of the season.

Just my views.

George, I like what you say, tho I feel that 190 is still too high to get a pin advantage...why not drop it to 180, ad give us 15?

As a lower (than lower) average bowler, I entered the sports series last year knowing full well that I would not cash in any of the events, but I learned quite a lot from bowling them.....for some of us it is not about bowling for the money - hell, if that was the case, I wouldn't leave home~~! I think a little extra incentive might encourage a few more bowlers to at least have a go. I for one enjoyed the series, and am happy to pay $75 to bowl against, and with, the calibre of bowlers that participate, it is a small price to pay when you consider the wealth of knowledge that can be obtained.

Just the thoughts of an obscure little person :lol:

Broni

hi chris , i have checked up on the dates and the assoc challenge is on the queens birthday long weekend 12,13,14 june a week after the sport series at ipswich.

can u please check your dates and let me know.

thanks jeff..

Hi All

Am very interested in bowling this series next year, am from Toowoomba, and hopefully will bring a few other people with me. Animal, from caboolture knows me quite well and am looking forward to meeting everyone else that goes to these particular tournaments. George also knows of me. Being another "lefty " i will be another one in the lineup to help even the score between us people that stand on the right side of the ball and those that sand on the wrong side...lol.
Anyway, hope to see you all in the new year at caboolture on the 29th

Tommy

Hi bfcc,

You're right. I was supplied with the wrong info (and from a teacher!). I am looking forward to this next year so

BRING IT ON!!!!

Chris G.

Hi Jeff

ATBSO Nationals on in Melbourne 2-11 October.

Agree with George and Broni, but I'm not up to the standards you elite bowl. :angel:

Good luck to all who have a go in this great series event.

Feral

Jeff,
I noticed that the 2nd AMF SUPER SIX is on the 28,29 FEB.
Can't you tell them to get there dates right mate !!!!
Also next year Brackets will be running as per usual so if you are interested then make sure you arrive early at the bowl so you don't miss out ......HEY GEORGE !!!!! :wink: :wink:

DATE CHANGES

ok we have changed a couple of the dates so that we don't clash, please let me now if there are any other clashes.. :? :?:

1st - 18th january 2004 caboolture **
2nd - 18th april 2004 mt warren
3rd - 6th june 2004 ipswich
4th - 1st august 2004 caboolture
5th - 17th october 2004 mt warren**
6th - 19th december 2004 caboolture

ok i hope that will be the end of changing the dates.

now george has put forward the idea of giving people start to get more bowlers, at this stage we are a scratch tournament and will stay a scratch tournament....if people want to bowl in a handicap event then mary has the twin tour going strong and will allways welcome more bowlers :lol: :lol:

now i would love to get the same numbers as mary get to the twin tour but giving people start isn't the way to go.. yes we might pick up a few extra bowlers but we might allso loose bowlers that want to bowl in a scratch tournament.

i would love to see more juniors bowl the series and have worked hard with brando to get more sponorship to encourage them, i know that most juniors are going to struggle to keep up with the top bowlers in the series but they have too look at the series as a way of learning how to bowl on tough conditions against some of the best bowlers in australia.. start looking at the scores the are getting some money back most ot the time it is around the 180 mark, not that hard if u can make alot of spares!!!

Clash with 18th Jan 2004

Junior Shield in rockhampton is on that weekend and i will not be able to be in two places at once.....and would really like to bowl in the whole series this coming year

Thanks,

Tom

hi tom , thanks for the reply but i have run out of weekends at the start of the year , i have spoken to brian at caboolture and he is booked out. so i had a chioce of the 18th or the 29th in the end i went with the 18th so i wouldn't clash with a national event or another tourny up north.

i am sorry that u will miss the first but hope you will be able to bowl the rest of the sport series.

thanks jeff.

will probably miss out on about four bowlers then for the first tournement unless they can make other arrangements to get there...i will hopefully get to the rest of the tournaments..

Back
Top Bottom