Today I cried....

wchester

Bowling Tragic
Today, I cried. Real tears. Not the fake kind you see in movies, but real emotional drops of salty wetness which welled up in my eyes and poured down my cheeks...Why, you ask? I'll tell you why..

I wept openly upon hearing President elect Barack Obama's acceptance speech. Whether it was a culmination of my homesickness, joy for a presidential change, or both, the fact remains that I do care. I care about life, I care about you and I care about our future on this planet.

Can we work together to change the world?
"Yes, we can"

Seeing this a little late. Yes, it was amazing and as a newly minted US citizen (unfortunately just a little late to vote) it was great to see the reaction around the nation, actually around the world. While he has a tough road to hoe the president elect is already off to a great start in assembling a powerful team to execute on the promises his campaign made. As an ex-pat Aussie it was also interesting to me in two ways. Firstly, that I received so many calls and e-mails from people asking me what I thought about the result - I've been living here for 28 years and that's never happened in any other election. Secondly, a comment a teamate in my league made the night after the election "You know a lot of people around the world don't think highly of us Yanks, they think we're arrogant, self centered and aggressive, maybe this president will help us change that image."

Back
Top Bottom