The Wrestling Thread

God points all luke i just like seeing carnage!! but there have been a few ppv's that have
really need something to take it over the top, example mitb awesome event at the last two wrestlemanias just proves it can be entertaining but lets people see it may be acting but you can do damage to yourself. Where would the likes of Terry Funk ,Mick Foley, Abyss, be with out the carnage I was at wrestlemania 14 when tyson refed the Shawn Michaels Steve Austin Match its a great expereince to be there live to see whats the atmosphere in the arena Just want a little bit more for your Buck$ thats just one mans opinion?

Can definitely understand that. Being at Mania 14 when HBK passed the torch to Austin would've been insane. I remember watching that match a few times on video, and as much as the match didn't really stand out to me, the crowd did.

Hardcore and gimmick matches have their place (seeing a ladder match live is an amazing experience!!) and I love them just as much as the next person, it just seems they're overdone lately. It used to be a way to settle a feud, not start one. Hopefully the WWE go back to this route.

ROH is a brilliant example of the greatness of technical wrestling. Guys like Bryan Danielson, Nigel McGuiness, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Davey Richards Rocky Romero etc are well worth checking out. Richards and Romero especially if you like really stiff and innovative kicks to various parts of the body.

Austin Aries v Nigel McGuiness at ROH's 5th PPV "Rising Above" is the greatest match I've seen in at least the last 12 months. If you like carnage and brutality, the cut McGuiness sustains above his right eye is BRUTAL!

There's always CZW for ultraviolent wrestling. I'm not a huge fan of it but still for me their Tournament of Death and Cage of Death events are mustwatches for me every year. Its like a train wreck... you just can't help looking.

Update on orton maybe back in sept but still to early to tell, Big shows cut above his eye
is a fractured sinus cavity due to the steel steps he headbutted teddy long is the new ecw gm undertaker will not be apart of the draft and it looks like batista will get another crack at the title Monday night raw if you where wondering what the commition was during cena hardy match a fan jumped the barrier and tried to get in the ring but it looks like the spectator got his a@@@ handed to him by sercurity HAHA!!!

funniest moment: Jamie Noble's fued with Hornswoggle
most dominant superstar: HHH, Taker
underated superstar: Elijah Burke, The Miz (as much as it pains me to say)
overated superstar: Khali
best title reign (singles): Gregory Helms (cruiserweight)
best title reign (tagteam): London/Kendrick, The Hardyz
best faction/group: Brother of Destruction
moment that shocked the world: Benoit
wwe's sickest story line: Edge and Vicky

wrestling hasnt been the same since they lost the best. for example. the rock, it was great seeing him on the hall of fame 2008 induction.
most dominant superstar was Brock Lesnar.
most over rated is John cena.
the best group in my opinion going way back would be The ministry of darkness. or even before that The Nation Of Domination (because it made the rock)
HHH title reign during evolution was a long time.
the moments that shocked the world would definately be benoit, and who could forget Owen hart.
p.s The deadman will return!

At last Matt Sydal has made his debut in the WWE. His ROH stuff is absolutely phenomenal. He should be a huge star (at least in the midcard) of the E for a while to come.

His debut against Shelton Benjamin on this weeks ECW showed just a small glimpse of what he can do. Sells moves like a champ too!!

THE Debut: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fEd_3y9R68 :D

I dont know about anyone else but I have had enough of vickis abuse of power. I use to love watching smackdown but now i'm honestly just sick of the rubbish she has as story lines and hardly even watch it. Even the vince storylines last year wern't as bad as this.
I am also a fan of TNA and think it is a hell of a lot better then smackdown at the moment I just wish they would put it on a bit earlier at night.
enough from me
Robyn

I dont know about anyone else but I have had enough of vickis abuse of power. I use to love watching smackdown but now i'm honestly just sick of the rubbish she has as story lines and hardly even watch it. Even the vince storylines last year wern't as bad as this.
Robyn

i can totally agree on ya there it sucks it and thats half the reason why i am not watchin smackdown at all at the moment the only way iam going watch it is to see some one deal a huge amount of pain to egde and LA FAMILIAR

the deadman has vanished...undertaker to come back as bikey again at the draft?
Taker wont be in the draft. He'll come back soon, some sorta twist in the storyline and he'll destroy Edge. Watch out for SUMMERSLAM!
Edgeheads to be split up at draft time ... hopefully!!!

I hope deadman returns as the satanic undertaker look he had in 1999 in the ministry of darkness.
For those who are un familiar with this gimmick here is a clip of his hell in a cell match at wrestlemania 15 (the match wasnt big)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep2bFnmih1Q
it probably wont happen but it would be good to see. it brought alot of character to him. made him look pure evil and dominated everyone.

just a thought.

www .youtube.com/watch?v=aAkBL4KO0W

i found this on youtube regarding benoit's death. i find it interesting how the interview went down, and to be honest i agree with kevin nash. so many people's opinions were based on totally sensationalist notions that it had to immediately be put down to steriods as the cause.
i really think alot of people were too quick to jump the gun with this, especially since this interview the toxicology reports came back saying that he didn't have steroids in his system or it was extremely low levels.

not just take out the space after the w's as for some reason when i posted the link i couldnt get the video to work

Predictions for night of champions,
Triple H will loose the WWE title
Edge will retain The World Heaviweight title
Kane will loose the ECW title
Cody and H/C holly will retain the tag titles
Hornswoggle and finlay will win the tag titles
Matt Hardy will retain
Mickey James will retain

These predictions are all based on the wwe draft and keeping the titles on there rightfull shows, however i do not wish to see john cena win the wwe title.

.rat420

Triple H will retain WWE Title
Edge to loose the World Heavyweight Title
Kane to lose title to Mark Henry
Cody and Hardcore Holly to retain
Hornswoggle and finlay to win the tag titles
Matt Hardy will retain
Mickey James will retain
Michelle McCool to win the New Diva Title

WWE and World Heavyweight championships will switch brands.

I like the fact that Batista and Rey have been drafted to Raw.

When HHH got drafted to Smackdown I was pretty annoyed cos he is so good on Raw, but hopefully with him going to Smackdown he will be able to challenge Edge for the World HeavyWeight Championship sometime. With the Undertaker being banished and Batista being drafted to Raw I think HHH should become champion again.

I wish that Matt and Jeff could have been on Smackdown together. It would be so cool to see them back in action together. I think alot of people would love to see them Tag Team Champs again.

J.R going to Smackdown is CRAP lol. The King and him are such a good team together. I reckon they would be the best comintators any of the shows have had.

Back
Top Bottom