The Wrestling Thread

funniest moment: JBL vs. Godzilla, still makes me crack up
most dominant superstar: Outside of the McMahon family??? Umaga
underated superstar: John Morrison, the guy has loads of potential, athletesism, mic skills, his own web show, appealing to the crowd, why isn't he carrying the WWE title??
overated superstar: Batista, no reason needed
best title reign (singles): Triple H and Evolution
best title reign (tagteam): MNM
best faction/group: Evolution
moment that shocked the world: Benoit's death
and lastly
wwe's sickest story line (eg eddie guerreo and rey mysterios "son") Vickie and Edge

iam not happy with the sitpulation that vicki has layed out to the Undertaker that at ONE NIGHT STAND it is a unfair ruling he either wins the world title or has to leave the wwe forever thats the not right at all he time maybe nearing but not to have it end like this espcially by a superstar like Edge iam sure that taker is going to come on top and win but he is entering one of Edges specialtys that beening the TLC match hopefully he can add the TLC victory to his list of ongoing acheviments i am sure he will leave one night stand the NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION and then go on to headline a few more wrestlemanias and keep his streak alive. what are other ppls thoughts

Batista(animal)vs Shawn Micheals(the heartbreak kid) in a stretcher match
this is a personal bout that is an ongoing fued since HBK retired the nature boy ric flair at wrestlemaina 24 could this be the end of this fued when either the animal or the showstopper is laid down on a strecher this is going to be a great match in my view

the first blood match at one night stand will probably stink as its JBL vs Cena not much else to say about it

Do you really think Taker is gonna lose?

I would much prefer that stipulation not to have been said because now its just too predictable that Edge will not be walking out champ

in answer to your question Rat420, TNA does air on FOX8 on Foxtel and Austar, Saturday nights 10pm EST.
I think that TNA has the far superior WRESTLERS and WWE has the better entertainers, what both companies need is to take a leaf from each other. What TNA need is to get someone in creative who can book properly and write GOOD, CONTINUAL storylines and that would make for better watching there. On the other hand, what the WWE need to do that TNA do, is allow some of their better technical wrestlers like CM Punk, Jericho, Hardy, etc. to go out there and WRESTLE, not just perform within certain parameters. If you have ever seen CM Punk in ROH or Jericho in Mexico/Japan, you can see what they are capable of, but cuz Vinnie Mac likes stupid storylines and weird angles, you'll never see their full potential as main event WRESTLERS, not Superstars/Entertainers.
Paul Hayman was the best mind for wrestling angles and booking, and he also knew how to emphasis on a wrestlers strengths and mask the weaknesses
One last thing, John Cena is the new Hulk Hogan. Vince owns him and his likeness, and he will bleed John Cena's livelyhood, just like he did to Hulkamania in the 80's.

No chance that'll happen. Vince is protecting his investments by cutting out a couple of the unnecessary risks. Its a smart move. If you want the risk-everything type of wrestling, check out the indy promotions

funniest moment: DX impersonating Vince and Shane/ JBL Border Patrol
most dominant superstar: Edge/HHH/Orton/Taker
underated superstar: John Morrison/Elijah Burke/Lance Cade
overated superstar: Batista/Rey Mysterio
best title reign (singles): John Morrison (ECW title), John Cena (2006-07 - love or hate him, he had at least 5 of the top 10 matches of the year in 2007)
best title reign (tagteam): Miz/Morrison and MVP/Matt Hardy
best faction/group: Rated RKO
moment that shocked the world: Orton punting Cena's dad in the head (my fave moment of 2007!)
and lastly
wwe's sickest story line (eg eddie guerreo and rey mysterios "son") - Rey winning the title @ WM22/ The overprostitution of the Guerrero name

funniest moment: Stone Cold & Kurt Angle singing to Vince McMahon 2001
most dominant superstar: Undertaker
underated superstar: Shelton Benjaman/Mr Kennedy
overated superstar: Rey Mysterio/CM Punk
best title reign (singles): Stone Cold 1998
best title reign (tagteam): New Age Outlaws 1998-99
best faction/group: Ministry of Darkness
moment that shocked the world: Eddie's death
wwe's sickest story line (eg eddie guerreo and rey mysterios "son") - Vince McMahon and Trish Stratus getting it on infront of Linda McMahon

funniest moment: Santino Marella and Austin ( Best sell of the stunner )
most dominant superstar: Edge
underated superstar: Shelton Benjamin
overated superstar: Chris Masters
best title reign (singles): Gregory Helms (crusierweight )
best title reign (tagteam): Brothers of Destruction
best faction/group: the Corporation
moment that shocked the world: The Beniot's ( no-one saw it coming )
and lastly
wwe's sickest story line (eg eddie guerreo and rey mysterios "son") Agree with you Luke, Rey winning the title @ WM22/ The overprostitution of the Guerrero name

funniest moment: Santino Marella and Austin ( Best sell of the stunner )

How could I forget that... and the total awesomeness that was "William Regal presents The Dating Game"

Santino to Hacksaw: What are a-you? Uhh mildly a-retarded?
Hacksaw response: Stand up when I'm talking to you!

ahh good times

funniest moment: DX forcing Vince McMahon to kiss Big Show's rear end in the Hell In A Cell Handicap Match
most dominant superstar: Undertaker/HHH
underated superstar: Cody Rhodes ( i know he's only new, but he's got a big future)
overated superstar: Chris Masters/Khali ( he's a giant, so what? )
best title reign (singles): John Cena's long reign/ Gregory Helms( The Hurricane )
best title reign (tagteam): Brothers of Destruction
best faction/group: Ministry/DX
moment that shocked the world: Chris Benoit's death
wwe's sickest story line: Edge and Vicki, or just looking at Vicki

funniest moment: Jamie Noble's fued with Hornswoggle
most dominant superstar: HHH, Taker
underated superstar: Elijah Burke, The Miz (as much as it pains me to say)
overated superstar: Khali
best title reign (singles): Gregory Helms (cruiserweight)
best title reign (tagteam): London/Kendrick, The Hardyz
best faction/group: Brother of Destruction
moment that shocked the world: Benoit
wwe's sickest story line: Edge and Vicky (i have my eyes closed even now just thinking about it)

Undertaker was screwed and that to me sucks
farewell undertaker me and other undertaker fans will miss you

Be ready for the draft in three weeks big changes new gm for raw and maybe smackdown. Meetings last week at wwe head office is the concern that the edge vickkie
love match has gone stale and they need to change things up!! new divas one possibly ms brooks from tna out of contract and ready to move on. triple h the main one to move to smackdown along with umaga but that was no secret . Matt and Jeff to team up and have a run with one of the tag teams championships,jericho batista rivalry to start up
and randy orton out for 3mths broken collar bone No crying over spilt milk got what was coming to him. Im getting details from friends in the states one of them works for lords of pain website more stuff tommorow P.S Undertaker will be back!!!

there has been no talk of taker leaving, more likely he will be back like normal.

Word has it Randy orton broke his collar bone dueing his fight with hhh,

was watching ppv tonight randys shoulder did not look good security jumped in on a spectator giving randy crap looked like he was ready to explode

there has been no talk of taker leaving, more likely he will be back like normal.
Word has it Randy orton broke his collar bone dueing his fight with hhh,

There has been talk of Taker having time off. Now he's got it

Sucks about Orton. Great to see he was still being in character while being helped to the back. That fan would've shat himself when Orton had a go at him.

Great PPV. The women's I Quit match was awesome. Love Beth's new finisher.

Be ready for the draft in three weeks big changes new gm for raw and maybe smackdown. Meetings last week at wwe head office is the concern that the edge vickkie
love match has gone stale and they need to change things up!! new divas one possibly ms brooks from tna out of contract and ready to move on. triple h the main one to move to smackdown along with umaga but that was no secret . Matt and Jeff to team up and have a run with one of the tag teams championships,jericho batista rivalry to start up
and randy orton out for 3mths broken collar bone No crying over spilt milk got what was coming to him. Im getting details from friends in the states one of them works for lords of pain website more stuff tommorow P.S Undertaker will be back!!!
well iam lookin forward to the draft i would like to see some big names like triple h and cena or micheals to got to smackdown for a change as they have been on the raw brand for a while should also bring the likes of batista to raw or something like that

edge to for me to go to ecw that would be great as then he can get beatin up hardcore style plus he could add the ecw championship to his list

kofi kingston to raw and aswell as a few curiserweights that would be cool

thats some of my sugestions

Hopefully reinstate the Cruiserweight belt the likes of shannon moore jimmy wang yang paul london brian kendrick and some more high flyers thats the real fun matches matches like tna elevation x in the wwe would bring more carnage thats what we need see

matches like tna elevation x in the wwe would bring more carnage thats what we need see

Won't happen. You don't need stuff like Elevation X to make a great match. Personally I'd much rather watch Orton v Cena @ Summerslam 07, Angle v HBK @ WM21, Warrior v Savage @ WM7, or Bret Hart v Austin @ WM13 etc - Great matches that didn't need extreme highspots to be awesome. I'd pick those matches over any Elimination Chamber, Scaffold, No-rope barbwire match any day.

The E have done a great job this year with their product. Its more entertaining than certainly the last few years gone by. Every PPV has been a hit (Judgment Day probably the worst and even so, that was pretty good).

As for the Cruiserweight title, I'd love to see it reinstated, though there's way too many titles in the E at the moment. Merge the 2 tag belts together then bring back the CW strap.

London/Kendrick v Moore Wang would be awesome to see.

Back
Top Bottom