The Longest Yard

tonx

Went along to this movie last night and thought I might write a review on it. Never done one before, but here goes...

The movie is a story about a washed up ex NFL MVP Quaterback named Paul Crewe (Adam Sandler) who got caught cheating by 'shaving points' off a match to lose, living a drunk, time wasting life and being hated by all.

Steals his girlfriends (Courtney Cox) car and breaks several laws, gets locked up with toughened criminals (including Goldberg, Nelly, Burt Reynolds and a less hardened Chris Rock) and is asked to make a team to play against the prison guards.

Then the fun begins.

Overall this is another great movie by Sandler, with his usual slapstick humour all the way through the movie. The 'Star Studded' line up, great acting, and interesting story line make this an enjoyable movie from start to finish. Although the actual match itself between the 2 teams probably needed a little more work, and was very 'corny' The Last Play was quite an original idea and cemented the flow and story of the movie.

Although the cheerleaders were not exactly my 'cup of tea' and needed a bit of work (ok more than a bit of work) I would give this a 8.5/10 and a must see recommendation for those that have loved movies like Waterboy, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison etc etc. :D :D :D

I'm looking forward to seeing this remake of the original Burt Reynolds movie also known as the "Mean Machine." The Poms also did a version of this movie, but it was very poor in comparison to the original.

Good review Tonx.

Gazaroticus Thunderstalks said:
I'm looking forward to seeing this remake of the original Burt Reynolds movie also known as the "Mean Machine." The Poms also did a version of this movie, but it was very poor in comparison to the original.

Good review Tonx.

Thanks mate... :cool: :cool: :cool:
you made me all 'proud like' now..

I saw this movie tonight and thought it was great.
The actors played their parts really well and made me laugh.
Id go see it again...and again...and again...
I truly believe Maccas fave quote is 'I love little Michael...' :D LOL

Jen

Saw the movie on saturday night and i was just like

THATS GOLD

I could watch it over and over and over and over some more

Saw it on Sunday and thought is was great, wasnt really expecting it to be as funny as what it was though

OMG this movie is a classic its a must see by everyone!! one of adam sanlers classic damn is a good actor..

Back
Top Bottom