Congratulations to the Bowling Show

hamster

Just a Bowler
To Tony and his Team,
You know when you've achieved something when a complete stranger mentions you.

Thru my line of work, I was doing one of my regular pick-ups when one of the warehouse guys I know started up a conversation with "The other day I was watching bowling on Briz 31 ".

Really took me by surprise, but chatting to him I gathered he was watching 1 of the matches from the SPC that involved Paeng.

Well done and keep up the great work,

Tony Hamilton

Hey yeah,

Great to see another example of media attention to our game.
If only we could increased volumes of this.
May just flare the interest of more people to compete.

We can only hope.

Tony,

For too many years bowling has tried to get back on mainstream television. The biggest sticking point has been the amount of money the networks demanded to produce a show. The shows back in the late 80's - early 90's needed a minimum of $250,000 to get up and running. The Tenpin Bowling Show is attacking the problem from a different slant.

Our plan involves getting a slick, professional production "out there" on community television where the financial demands are not as high in the hope that the one of the networks might approach us about the show because they see it as a viable ratings proposition, rather than us having to try to sell it to them.

That non-bowlers are seeing it (and I have had similar experiences to you) augurs well for the shows future.

Similar experience at the office for me. Guy asked me if I saw the bowling on television the other day, as they knew I was involved in the sport. The match he told me about was Darren Halifax and Belmo, and what got him interested was the big split pick up from Darren :D, Told him about the centres around his area, and how to get involved, and he got his kids into a ball league the very next week.

The show is a massive lift for our sport. Thanks again TBS!

Similarly with my daughter - one of her work colleagues (non-bowler) had seen her bowling on the show and commented on it. Pity it was a low game for her but still that the breaks.

Certainly was a bit of a buzz though when someone sees you on TV and we were able to show it to our teams sponsor showing their logo on the shirts.

Thanks Tony & the team for a job well done and interesting viewing each week.

Back
Top Bottom