The Future of Bowling in Australia

AMF turned down my offer of 3000 up front for 1000 games. to be used in a calender year.

I even went and spoke with the CEO, he turned me down. Oh well.

Bad for business me thinks

the independant centres are more likely to consider what you want to do . go and see the manager proprietor, and find out what they might be willing to do for you.
most independant centres will try to help the bowlers, but they generally wont bowl in a league in that centre.

our centre uses the dartfish video analysis system allowing bowlers to check their delivery approach etc. to my knowledge kelmscott is the only centre in wa that has the dartfish pro suite system.

if bowlers are interested in a bulk game rate, come and talk to us, i am sure that we can reach some sort of agreement.
regards
allenj

Sorry I don't understand
The Thread is headed The Future of Bowling in Australia
As I see it the this was is a discussion about the sport dieing and about Bowling centrers closing because they cannot make financial ends meet
And here you all are trying to screw a better deal from you local centres by giving them less money.
Gee don't whinge in years to come when there are no bowling centres open but gee you saved money by screwing the local centre out of a few bucks

He wouldn't be screwing the centre out of it's money
Bulk purchasing games, in my opinion, is great business for the centre
They get all the money up front, sure the game rate is lower, but the bowler might be playing games they would not of player at the higher rate. If the games expire after a calender year the centre might actually get money for games that are never played

I don't see how this can be bad for a centre

I'm with blinded on this one. The forum was titled "Future of Bowling In Australia" based on the sport's interest, thus we need bowlers for the centre to cater for (or else they will be closing anyway).

IMO, a pre-paid deal would be beneficial on the following levels:

- centres will have league (and tournament) bowlers queueing (spelling?) up for cheaper games, thereby improving the bottom line.

- again, centres improve their bottom line because bowlers will be able to buy more food/drinks, as a result of multiple visits.

- the sport will be better off because there will be increased participation in the big tournaments (SPC, for example).

- More participants = improved public knowledge of the sport, may also = increased prize funds through increased TBA funding.

Yes, centres probably will struggle with lower game prices. Introduce the plan as a limited trial run if needed. If it doesn't work after 3-6 months, pull the pin (pardon the pun) but at least give the concept a go.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Back
Top Bottom