Teams Challenge "Wheel of Conditioner"

Jerry8-10

Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Teams Challenge "Wheel of Conditioner", The new guessing game brought to you by the ingenious mind of Gus the Great.

The Purpose of the game is to correctly guess the amount of oil(conditioner), the pattern and the line to the pocket.

The winner of the game will receive a warm fuzzy feeling similar to the urine in a dark suit theory.

My guess 45 ft of oil buffed to 60 ft, big head hat top (dry to three board), line to pocket - use the handicapped ramp down the guts.

I wouldn't be confident of predicting anything at Lonny of late, although if it is similar to lane conditions in league of late it will be something along the lines of - Throw the ball out & watch it stay there! Or if you try to use the middle of the lane or point it up a little, good luck keeping it the right hand side of the head pin ...... all great fun .... and a big part of the reason for my now official retirement from all bowling - league & tournament!

However having said that, why would we expect league conditions in a tournament at Launceston to be the same or similar to league conditions, it is common practice for the tournament patern to be totally different than the league pattern - therefore leaving Launcestanians at a disadvantage instead of an advantage as it should be to bowl a tournament in your home centre!

I would just like to point out to everybody that the lane pattern for this weekend WILL be the same as the house pattern used each time the lanes are washed and oiled (Every Sunday, Wednesday, & Fridays). The only difference will be after the 1st 3 games each day, the lanes will be washed and re-oiled in accordance with the current policy which is in place for Rachuig, Shield, WDV, etc etc.

The current lane pattern is difficult enough without making it any harder and after washing and re-oiling, it will be even more difficult.

The whole point of the pattern is to try and reflect what level of difficulty will be faced by the teams concerned at their respective National Event.

It is fairest and truest pattern in Tasmania and everybody can score on it, if they can roll the ball the same.

Enough Said??

Let's have 4 different patterns ;)

• 40' 3:1 pattern
    32' - screaming backends - bring your plastic condition :S
    50' - slimy backend - bring your sponge, 80 grit sandpaper, LT-48 condition :p
    42' Stevie Wonder/bring your blindfold condition :lol:

Could be fun :)

BTW, sounds like the last 4 tournaments at Lonny anyway, right Gus? ;)

Gus,

I totally agree with what you are saying and understand what you are saying HOWEVER I have not once bowled on conditions in Tasmania that have come close to emulating Rachuig conditions, it is simply not possible.

The reason for this is, these days most Rachuig's (& National Events) are held in centres with synthetic lanes ...... as we only have wooden lanes Tassie it makes in impossible to re-create a similar condition .... this is because the same pattern on a synthetic lane will react totally different to that pattern put on wooden lanes - particularly as the oil carries down, but also when it is fresh.

Having said all that, we can only use what we have, and agreed, the tougher (fairer) the better as there is no pint bowling on a block!

Enough said! From me anyway! :lol:

Scott, I think Gus' point was actually that having a re-oiling break is simulating what happens in Shield, Rachuig and De Veer - not that we would end up with the same pattern as we have in Rachuig. I think he of all people would realise that's not possible :)

KC

I stated I understood & agreed with Gus, however my comments were more reflective to this part of the statement ......

The whole point of the pattern is to try and reflect what level of difficulty will be faced by the teams concerned at their respective National Event.

My point was to simply state that it doesn't matter what sort of pattern we put down here (or how many times we oil & re-oil), we will not 'simulate' Rachuig conditions!

And then go on & point out that it is highly unusual for a tournamnet in Launceston to be bowled on any similar to the normal pattern for league play!

Back
Top Bottom