TBAQ and Organisation

KriDdLe

Is it just me or is there a lack of organisation in TBAQ in regards to State competitions? Is it due to the lack of interest in the sport?? finding it hard to find information about competition is very detering to bowl. Nothing seems very formal lately. Can someone inform me why there is a lack of communication?

Thank you,
Krystal

Krystal if you could be a little more specific we will try to help.

All State tournament or roll-off information is posted on the TBAQ web site www.tbaq.org.au and the Total Bowling web site.

If an entry form cannot be located it may be because we are waiting for a sanction number from TBA.

We are not allowed to publish any entry forms without that number.

The office is manned everyday, usually from 8.30am and all the contact numbers are listed on the web site for you.

Us youth bowlers have found it hard to find information about South Qld Youth Roll Offs.. our entry form was posted three and a half weeks before the roll off?? For some people thats not enough time to get of work or even uni? Yvette has been trying to find out information on roll offs since March and no one told her much until a few weeks ago?? Is there a guideline or a rule saying anything about the annoucement of a tournament?

If an entry form cannot be located it may be because we are waiting for a sanction number from TBA.
We are not allowed to publish any entry forms without that number.
QUOTE]

Don't you mean accreditation No. Mr S otherwise Kathy Smith will be all over you now. Events arn't sanctioned anymore lol, sorry couldn't resist the pun

Kyrstal,

to run the youth event you need to have a committed committiee, this is usually parents of the bowlers.These parents do it for the future of the sport and do ot in their own time, often taking time off work for these events and in the run up to these events. It is not just a matter of saying let's do this event on such and such a day etc

Bowlers are encouraged to be on these committees but it seems they are reluctant to do so, they just like to post negative things all the time, maybe when you run a roll off or tournement of your own you will understand.

TBAQ do a great job and can be contacted at any time but like everything else in life they cannot do everything!!!!!

good luck ot all bowlers rolling off this year!!!!!

Laura

I do agree with Krystal on this particular matter, especially with the Youth Roll Offs. As she said, no information has been posted about it until recently, leaving us with only 3 weeks until the actual roll off.

What about those youth bowlers who are now unable to get time off work or uni to compete in the roll off?? Do they just have to miss out on having a chance to represent their state???

Also, I am sure that many of the youth bowlers out there are completely unaware that they are encouraged to be on these committees! If they knew, I am sure that some of them would be on them.

I am not having a go at TBAQ or anything, I do think that you guys do a great job in running things. I just think that perhaps there are times when events are not prepared very well. This years Youth Roll Off being one of those.

Kimberley

Also, I am sure that many of the youth bowlers out there are completely unaware that they are encouraged to be on these committees! If they knew, I am sure that some of them would be on them.
Kimberley,

Now that you know do you think you could give us some contact details for these people...I am sure both the Youth and Adult committees for that matter could do with the Help...

Gina Gilliland, has a full time job like most of the people who sit on the board and these committees, not to mention also has a family…She IS THE ONLY ONE doing EVERYTHING for the YOUTH BOWLERS…So perhaps if there were others out there like her or even YOUTH BOWLERS who are willing to help her run these events, then things might run the way you want them to…My suggestion is for the Youth bowlers to then make contact with her…

Every little bit helps…Least now you know how it works; perhaps you can do a scout around for next year and drum up some supporters for Gina…

I am not saying she is doing a bad job. Considering she is doing it alone, she is doing a tremendous job at it. But I am sure that the youth bowlers have not been made aware of the fact that she is doing it on her own. I didnt know until now, so I am sure a lot of others didnt know either.

Why was nothing said about this though? Perhaps people would have helped should they have known?

I am not trying to be rude or come across rude or anything, like I said, to have done this on her own is a great effort & she most definately shouldnt have had to do so.

She is doing it on her own because no one else bothered to show up at the AGM and put there names forward…Yes the AGM was advertised on this forum and the TBAQ site…

As for Bowlers being on committees…I am on the TBAQ board and I still bowl…No it isn’t a conflict of interest and I hope the two of you are keen to put your names forward and help her…

is there any minutes from the agm??? Are you even allowed one person on the committee??? until now i didn't know she was doing it by herself!!! if i had of known earlier about being able to be on the committee or she was by herself i would of helped out because this tournament is the one i look forward and the last thing i want is it to be cancelled!!!

Q. How many of you Youth Bowlers attended the last youth AGM?
A. None

Q. How many Youth Parents attended the last youth AGM?
A. One - Gina Gilliland.

Q. When did any of you last pick up the phone and call the TBAQ office to ask about Youth roll-offs?
A. No-one in the office remembers you calling.

AGMs are where Committees are formed.

And yes the youth AGM was advertised both on the TBAQ web site, and Total Bowling plus mailouts which go out to all Centres.

If you cant be bothered to turn up and you are content to leave things up to other people, then sometimes you get a result you don't like.

I am just curious, but we have only asked a question and all of a sudden it feels like we are being attacked about this issue?

We never meant to be rude or anything, we just wanted to know some information.

As far as I know Yvette as been trying for months to get the information on this and they never had the information to give her. It seems like a last min thing to me.

No attack from this angle, just pointing you both in the right direction…If your not happy with the way things are run at the moment and clearly by the threads your not, then we have guided you both to the person running the show for you both and others interested to offer your help to the way things are run…

Only good can come of this post…Hopefully two new Youth Committee members who are obviously passionate about there chosen sport is a step in the right direction…

Good luck with it all…

1. I didnt know about Gina being alone on the committee until Krystal rang me today.

2. I rang TBAQ atleast 4 times this year about the roll offs and couldnt get any information at all.

3. About the AGM information being mailed out well our centre never got any info about that.

thank you for the pointers jason, that was the point of this thread to be informed because i don't know where else to get the information?!?! looking forward to the tournament.. just wondering where do you go to put a motion forward to some suggested changes to the tba rules and regulations??

Back
Top Bottom