Tassie State Masters

ms

is retired...
I would just like to say a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Ashley "the superman" Riley on taking out the Tasmanian State Masters today in a fantastic display of superb bowling! He absolutely KILLED it, again... From memory he averaged about 235 for his 10 games - freeeakin awesome stuff!!
This is another title to Ash's long list of achievements. Not that anyone needs to be told, but Ash, you are such a great guy, a super bowler and just an awesome bloke to know! I am certainly glad I know ya :D
Hayden "gus" George came from a slow start to give Ash a scare with a couple to go to finish in 2nd position. Gus is the Tasmanian Rep for Australian Masters as Ash is Defending Australian Masters Champ.
In the Ladies Division, it was a tough fight right to the end. Anne-Louise Potter and Debbie Riley both started strong. It came down the last game for Annie to overcome Debs challenge. I believe both these ladies averaged over 200 also - a great effort ladies. BRING ON RACHUIG!!! We are looking good!
High game of the day for the Men went to Jason Griggs with a 284, followed closely behind by Ash with a 279. In the Ladies, i think it was Anne-Louise with a 251 - please advise if i am incorrect :)
It was a great display of bowling by all bowlers, certainly a score-able condition (as long as you could carry the 10) i was very happy to be there to witness it. The Tasmania Rachuig Teams are certainly going to give the Trophy a shake this year!!
Congrats to all today, it was a great day to be part of.
See you all again soon
Cheers
Martina

Well Done to all Bowlers, Its good to see so may young guns comming through.
Crongrats to the winners Ashley and Annie (yes you have the Midas touch Big El).
Good luck also to Mr Calcutta Gus!:)

well done to all bowlers especially Ashley and Annie great effort from both of you, also to Debbie it was a close finish, you all inspire me to want to improve my bowling.

Full results from the weekend.

Men

1st. Ashley Riley.............2357..235 ave
2nd. Hayden George.........2204
3rd. Andrew Phillips..........2150
4th. Chris Commane.........2134
5th. Jason Griggs.............2113
6th. Greg Elkin.................2110
7th. Joel Reeve................2014
8th. Aaron Franklin...........2008
9th. Scott Summers..........1978
10th. Matt D1ckson...........1933
11th. Chris Acuavera.........1810
12th. Damian Crick............1717

Women

1st. Anne-Louise Potter.....2084
2nd. Debbie Riley..............2059
3rd. Peta Jones................1885
4th. Karen Cooke..............1859
5th. Jackie Crick...............1853
6th. Kassey Fechner..........1799
7th. Emma Tubb................1759
8th. Sara Peck..................1748

Congratulations to Ash & Annie and good luck to you both and Gus in the Australian Masters final.

Well done to Annie for taking out the women's masters and comiserations to Debbie who finished a close second. Well Done to Ash for taking out the men's masters. Ash, you are a total champion, pure and simple, unbeatable on present form. Also well done to Gus who well represent Tassie in the Aussie masters.

A final congrats to the rest of the youth boys. We all made the finals and we did it without any Vasso :D .

Congrats to Ash on yet another fine performance..

And a big congrats to Annie on her first State Masters win. Just remember the price of my ball cleaning and drilling has gone up for you ;)

Congrats to my bro in law Ash on another great win. It was an awesome display of bowling. You are a true champion and a great ambassador for our sport. We are very proud of you.

Having to bowl with you all day was pretty embarrassing tho! My scores always looked pretty ordinary next to yours! And you didn't even let me beat you once!

Congrats also to Annie. You bowled great and really deserved the win.
Well done also to Hayden for finishing 2nd and gaining the spot at Aust Masters.

Debbie Riley

Congrats to my Beautiful boy Ash. You just seem to be getting better and beter. You are just one true gentleman of this sport and a true champ baby, very very proud of you. Just cant stop you baby, keep up the wonderful bowling.

Well done Annie on your win, very well bowling all day. Congrats. Also Hayden on getting a spot.

Also to Debbie my sister in law to be one day! Hehe, on coming second, you bowled very well again, congrats. This Riley family are great bowlers i might be just as good one day.

Once again everyone well done.

Jackie

Congrats to Ash and Annie on fine wins.
I feel terrible Ash for not getting a chance to say congrats to your face yesterday, but you know I am a fan. :p
Excellent bowling by you both, good luck in Australian Masters and the same goes to the "marathon man" Gus :D :D

Just like to say congrats Ash..........can't believe it was 19yrs ago that we played off in the NW Masters at Burnie:shock:
I hope that makes you feel old mate:D :D
Garry

statemastersscreencapmz6.jpg

The winners in each division of the State Masters in its 36 year history.
Ashley Riley winning his sixth State Masters title on the weekend breaking the record number of Masters titles held jointly by Carol Steele and Pam Pope who won five each in the womens division.

can anyone else see a pattern forming with ash's wins? :)

congrats again guys!
marty

Well done Chris and Jason. You guys bowled really well. Keep it up.

Also well done to the winners. Cant forget you guys. You both put on some awesome bowling so well done.

Taya

huge congrats to ashhhh...again! and again. .
your a true champ and always a great bloke to look up to..I am certainly learning alot from you and hopefully it starts working for me soon lol..
I'm a great fan Sir Ashley Riley..;)
Congrats to Annniiee .. Well bowled..
and to all that bowled.. well done..

tigs
- 3 under xx

Well done to all bowlers, You are a Champion Ash... One of a kind!!

Good luck defending the Australian Masters again this year mate, i am sure you will do just fine!

Back
Top Bottom