Tasmanian Tournament circuit.

Evening all,
Trent, I think your ideas on Tournament restructuring for the South is a very good idea.
Ways of working on fixing the problems:
1) Get a Manager at Moonah who gives a ****
about BOWLERS - Not like the last three
spadges(Mallows, Ness and Bartlett)
icon_mad.gif

2) Promote the events strongly. Promotion at
Moonah entails leaving pamphlets on the
counter for the psychic to all of a sudden
find. Get on the PA BEFORE leagues - all
of the Important ones - and sell, sell,
sell.
3) Make them inexpensive - nothing more of a
put off than an expensive event to give a
bowler an excuse not to play.
I can't afford to bowl two leagues a week
let alone a tourney at the weekend.
Nor do I have the time (working at the
Hobart FC on the weekend)- I would make
time should I be able to afford it.
icon_biggrin.gif

4) Hope
icon_biggrin.gif
I say that because we all hope
it's not too late to get bowlers back in
to the game - most have gotten so sick
and tired of being treated like ****
over the years that they've turned their
backs on the game all together - I can't
say I blame them.
And Finally, Androo I would love to see you start up that League in place of the ailing
Sponsors League in 2002. I'd be first to join.
These are only my opinions
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

_______"Its The Eye of The Tiger_____________

Only one problem there Tiger......I could not care less about Moonah for the time being, and maybe forever....Let's just say it is a side effect of the way I was treated while I worked there, and the way I got shafted (BTW..I STILL have scabs
icon_biggrin.gif
!!)

Alot of people have been digusted with the way things happened to me, and at this time, I would like to publicly thanks all the guys that got behind me during my "Time of need".

You guys are the best, and I will not forget you, no matter what happens.

In the mean time, please feel free to Ring my good friend Hayden George at Launceston Bowl, as he is about the only one, besides myself that I trust....He'll be more than happy I'm sure to help you guys.

hey everyone. Firstly I want to say to the southern tiger that I think Richard was a really cool manager. I don't think it can be said that he didn't care about the bowlers, when he knew basically everyone's name. He took an interest in most bowlers, especially young juniors. He helped my brother out a lot with getting him good equipment so he would have the oppertunity to develope his game, he gave me discounts and was always interested in how I was bowling. Matt didn't even know my name, never gave me a discount and I spend heaps there. He was a looser. Secondly, to my mate Andrew. You did get shafted severely. All of us who cared did all we could I think, but don't turn your back on us yet. I garuantee we will all be labouring just as hard when we get a new manager to try and get you back in. That is if you haven't found work somewhere else. In regards to Hayden. I sent him an email asking him if he could do some minor things to some balls for me, but haven't had a reply. If you are in touch with him, could you ask him for me if it would be cool for me to send some stuff up to get fixed?? You know how to reach me. Good luck and high scoring.

Evening all,
Trent, I think your ideas on Tournament restructuring for the South is a very good idea.
Ways of working on fixing the problems:
1) Get a Manager at Moonah who gives a ****
about BOWLERS - Not like the last three
spadges(Mallows, Ness and Bartlett)
icon_mad.gif

2) Promote the events strongly. Promotion at
Moonah entails leaving pamphlets on the
counter for the psychic to all of a sudden
find. Get on the PA BEFORE leagues - all
of the Important ones - and sell, sell,
sell.
3) Make them inexpensive - nothing more of a
put off than an expensive event to give a
bowler an excuse not to play.
I can't afford to bowl two leagues a week
let alone a tourney at the weekend.
Nor do I have the time (working at the
Hobart FC on the weekend)- I would make
time should I be able to afford it.
icon_biggrin.gif

4) Hope
icon_biggrin.gif
I say that because we all hope
it's not too late to get bowlers back in
to the game - most have gotten so sick
and tired of being treated like ****
over the years that they've turned their
backs on the game all together - I can't
say I blame them.
And Finally, Androo I would love to see you start up that League in place of the ailing
Sponsors League in 2002. I'd be first to join.
These are only my opinions
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

_______"Its The Eye of The Tiger_____________

Only one problem there Tiger......I could not care less about Moonah for the time being, and maybe forever....Let's just say it is a side effect of the way I was treated while I worked there, and the way I got shafted (BTW..I STILL have scabs
icon_biggrin.gif
!!)

Alot of people have been digusted with the way things happened to me, and at this time, I would like to publicly thanks all the guys that got behind me during my "Time of need".

You guys are the best, and I will not forget you, no matter what happens.

In the mean time, please feel free to Ring my good friend Hayden George at Launceston Bowl, as he is about the only one, besides myself that I trust....He'll be more than happy I'm sure to help you guys.

hey everyone. Firstly I want to say to the southern tiger that I think Richard was a really cool manager. I don't think it can be said that he didn't care about the bowlers, when he knew basically everyone's name. He took an interest in most bowlers, especially young juniors. He helped my brother out a lot with getting him good equipment so he would have the oppertunity to develope his game, he gave me discounts and was always interested in how I was bowling. Matt didn't even know my name, never gave me a discount and I spend heaps there. He was a looser. Secondly, to my mate Andrew. You did get shafted severely. All of us who cared did all we could I think, but don't turn your back on us yet. I garuantee we will all be labouring just as hard when we get a new manager to try and get you back in. That is if you haven't found work somewhere else. In regards to Hayden. I sent him an email asking him if he could do some minor things to some balls for me, but haven't had a reply. If you are in touch with him, could you ask him for me if it would be cool for me to send some stuff up to get fixed?? You know how to reach me. Good luck and high scoring.

You still got those scabs Androo
icon_biggrin.gif
I'll be around with a chainsaw in a few days
icon_biggrin.gif

Yeh, I was rather teed off with your treatment and don't entirely blame you for not wanting to go back - remember what Steve Mallows did to Norm Green - sacked him as well - both my best ball drillers sacked
icon_mad.gif

I'd like to see you come back tho mate, people of your quality are always needed.
Trent, you have a point in one way that Richard Ness was good to some bowlers and knew everyone's name.
Both Mallows and Bartlett were just plain out useless desk-drivers and Ness had some good ideas but was a "Gunna" - Gunna do this, Gunna do that.
He did a lot of harm to some of the leagues that were already established and were quite well patronised. I'm sure you would agree that leagues are the backbone of the sport and Sponsors League is a classic case in point, 16 x 5-man teams when he arrived.
After 33(very succesful years)of 5-man teams he decided to change (no vote to change it or anything, mind you) it to 4-man teams format in order to accommodate a social league that whinged about starting late.
As of 2002 there will be 6 x 4-man teams.
It is true that AMF did not help his cause at all - do they help Tassie at all?
Even though he was nice to some bowlers and new a few names and did a couple of things he did a lot irrepairable damage - And I won't be forgetting
icon_mad.gif

Have a Good Christmas lads and Go Hard
icon_biggrin.gif

_______
icon_biggrin.gif
IT'S THE EYE OF THE TIGER
icon_biggrin.gif
______

You still got those scabs Androo
icon_biggrin.gif
I'll be around with a chainsaw in a few days
icon_biggrin.gif

Yeh, I was rather teed off with your treatment and don't entirely blame you for not wanting to go back - remember what Steve Mallows did to Norm Green - sacked him as well - both my best ball drillers sacked
icon_mad.gif

I'd like to see you come back tho mate, people of your quality are always needed.
Trent, you have a point in one way that Richard Ness was good to some bowlers and knew everyone's name.
Both Mallows and Bartlett were just plain out useless desk-drivers and Ness had some good ideas but was a "Gunna" - Gunna do this, Gunna do that.
He did a lot of harm to some of the leagues that were already established and were quite well patronised. I'm sure you would agree that leagues are the backbone of the sport and Sponsors League is a classic case in point, 16 x 5-man teams when he arrived.
After 33(very succesful years)of 5-man teams he decided to change (no vote to change it or anything, mind you) it to 4-man teams format in order to accommodate a social league that whinged about starting late.
As of 2002 there will be 6 x 4-man teams.
It is true that AMF did not help his cause at all - do they help Tassie at all?
Even though he was nice to some bowlers and new a few names and did a couple of things he did a lot irrepairable damage - And I won't be forgetting
icon_mad.gif

Have a Good Christmas lads and Go Hard
icon_biggrin.gif

_______
icon_biggrin.gif
IT'S THE EYE OF THE TIGER
icon_biggrin.gif
______

I think that this topic is starting to get a bit bitchy. I dont now about any one else but I like it, so here goes my opinions on all of the above.

Firstly the 2 managers that were previously mentiond both get elected into the wanker basket,
Secondly "Trent" the fact that Richard helped your brother with equipment and his ability to improve is a sad reflection on him,
Thirdly concidering this topic has turned into a bitch session then I will give a suggestion that the posts are getting too long and booring (I wont mention names)

What's that Elliot, did you say something??? Sorry, you must be mistaking me for someone who give's a **** what you think.
By the way, it's humerous to hear you speak of things apparently being a sad reflection on someone, this coming from a person who constantly chose to blame the lane condition as the reason for his poor bowling performance, when having a bad night. Considering there was never anything wrong with the lanes as far as I could see, (I mean, moonah is pretty damn easy, Andrew will even back me on that) in my opinion that is a "very very sad" reflection on you. Also kicking ball returns after missing easy spares is pretty petty aswell. As you are a so called "STATE" representative I would have thought you were above childish crap like that, but that's just an observation, like I care hahahaha. I just think that bagging people out for no reason on bowling forums is quote, pretty "BITCHY", so perhaps you should not be so quick to do so when looking back at your last season, you have plenty of things that are, and again I quote, "sad reflections" on you.
Oh yeah, I think you'll find that "BOORING" as you put it, is in fact spelt boring. Another one you might want to ask for help on when you get back to school is the word considering, as you actually spelt it as "CONCIDERING". Just thought I'd point out some "problem" areas that could need some work in the new school year. Hahahahahahaha.

I think that this topic is starting to get a bit bitchy. I dont now about any one else but I like it, so here goes my opinions on all of the above.

Firstly the 2 managers that were previously mentiond both get elected into the wanker basket,
Secondly "Trent" the fact that Richard helped your brother with equipment and his ability to improve is a sad reflection on him,
Thirdly concidering this topic has turned into a bitch session then I will give a suggestion that the posts are getting too long and booring (I wont mention names)

What's that Elliot, did you say something??? Sorry, you must be mistaking me for someone who give's a **** what you think.
By the way, it's humerous to hear you speak of things apparently being a sad reflection on someone, this coming from a person who constantly chose to blame the lane condition as the reason for his poor bowling performance, when having a bad night. Considering there was never anything wrong with the lanes as far as I could see, (I mean, moonah is pretty damn easy, Andrew will even back me on that) in my opinion that is a "very very sad" reflection on you. Also kicking ball returns after missing easy spares is pretty petty aswell. As you are a so called "STATE" representative I would have thought you were above childish crap like that, but that's just an observation, like I care hahahaha. I just think that bagging people out for no reason on bowling forums is quote, pretty "BITCHY", so perhaps you should not be so quick to do so when looking back at your last season, you have plenty of things that are, and again I quote, "sad reflections" on you.
Oh yeah, I think you'll find that "BOORING" as you put it, is in fact spelt boring. Another one you might want to ask for help on when you get back to school is the word considering, as you actually spelt it as "CONCIDERING". Just thought I'd point out some "problem" areas that could need some work in the new school year. Hahahahahahaha.

Yes well?
State rep is correct which is moor than you ever were or, are for that matter.lol

Moor, hahaha, good to see your spelling has improved. I am the first to admit that I'm not the best bowler in the world, and have heaps to improve on, but I just find your comment that you are "more" than I will ever be just a bit humerous. Perhaps when you are able to say you have the "second highest series" in our centre you can come and sling **** at me, and I will be man enough to take it on the chin. I don't know what all your bull**** rivalry is in aid of but if you want to be petty, *sigh*, you have nothing at all that you can justify as saying you have over me. When you have beaten my high game, beaten my high series, and beaten me on average for a league season, by all means throw **** at me if that's what you need to do to feel good about yourself, but untill then, keep trying.....
I don't know why you have to keep bagging people out for no reason, me or my family has never done anything to you. But that aside, don't even think about saying your better than someone when you're not even close.

Just a note to everybody else who replied to my original post as it was intended, thank you for your input and various ideas. I value your opinions, and was really glad to see the effort Gus has put into getting a good quality tournament going shortly after I expressed interest in seeing some good tourney's being held this year, thanx Gus.

Yes well?
State rep is correct which is moor than you ever were or, are for that matter.lol

Moor, hahaha, good to see your spelling has improved. I am the first to admit that I'm not the best bowler in the world, and have heaps to improve on, but I just find your comment that you are "more" than I will ever be just a bit humerous. Perhaps when you are able to say you have the "second highest series" in our centre you can come and sling **** at me, and I will be man enough to take it on the chin. I don't know what all your bull**** rivalry is in aid of but if you want to be petty, *sigh*, you have nothing at all that you can justify as saying you have over me. When you have beaten my high game, beaten my high series, and beaten me on average for a league season, by all means throw **** at me if that's what you need to do to feel good about yourself, but untill then, keep trying.....
I don't know why you have to keep bagging people out for no reason, me or my family has never done anything to you. But that aside, don't even think about saying your better than someone when you're not even close.

Just a note to everybody else who replied to my original post as it was intended, thank you for your input and various ideas. I value your opinions, and was really glad to see the effort Gus has put into getting a good quality tournament going shortly after I expressed interest in seeing some good tourney's being held this year, thanx Gus.

Back
Top Bottom