Tasmanian Centres

B

Bowlah

I have just started to bowl in Tasmania after living on the Mainland for many years, and I must say that I have to say that Launceston leaves Moonah for dead....mainly with the attitude directed to the bowlers by the Staff and the quality of their lane conditions. I believe this Centre is long overdue for a complete overhaul....so let's hope something changes....either the lane preparation OR the courtesy extended to the bowlers....c'ya
icon_mad.gif

I totally agree. The way I see it, is that Moonah has gone too far, and without spending MAJOR $$$$ in the place, it will never get back to where it once was. How many major centres these days, have maple and ASH lanes? That's right, where the pine is supposed to be, on wooden lanes at least, there is ash. Last time they were fully resurfaced, which was Christmas 1999, the lanes had become so thin, that arrows and dots had been sanded out. Isn't that a tell tail sign that the lanes may be due for replacement? We also had to use an angle grinder, to cut a GREAT number of nails from the lanes and approaches, which had to be patched.

As far as the staff go, I'm not going to say too much, as I too once worked with them. But I will agree, that quite a few of them, need to have a good, hard look at the way they treat BOWLERS. Sure, I was not happy at all with what happened on Saturday, in respect with the scoring, breakdowns ect. And while there was a post in another forum, saying that the staff were apologetic to the committee, the bowlers were basically told to shut the hell up, and stop whinging. If it were not for such bowlers, paying $4.55 a game for tournamets, this centre WOULD be completely screwed. Does it really take much from MANAGEMENT, to let bowlers know what is happening, and to be polite to bowlers? I don't think it is such a great ask. The majority of better bowers at Moonah aren't stupid, so don't treat us like we are. I don't say things just for the hell of it, I say it for a reason. If I find fault with something, I'll let you know. Some have commented on the way I tell some staff members, which directly comes from the way they talk to me. If you talk to me like I'm a peice of crap, I'll do the same to you!! I agree with Launceston having much more polite staff. Roxy, Hayden, Michael and the rest of the gang up there...keep up the GREAT WORK......we really do appreiciate it!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote
And while there was a post in another forum, saying that the staff were apologetic to the committee, the bowlers were basically told to shut the hell up, and stop whinging.

Maybe it all comes back down to attitude Androo?
icon_eek.gif

The staff probably realised no matter what the said, it wouldn't have made a difference in a few bowler's attitudes to the problems, so didn't bother.
Like I said in another post, it's beyond their control that the centre is old and in dire need of repair/replacements. It's in AMF hands - they need to spend the money to fix the place. There's nothing staff can do about it.

Back
Top Bottom