Brunswick Target Zone

P

_pinkgl0w

I don't actually have this bowling ball, but l have ordered it through my local AMF centre.

I chose the pink/pearl because l love pink and l was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with a Target Zone ball.

I bowl straight, so l was told this would be an ideal ball for me as its "plastic" and won't curve.

Any ideas of advantages/disadvantages with this ball?

I'm sorry if this doens't belong here, l looked around and this looked like the most appropriate forum to put this.

the ball will go straight for you will not curve or anything like that

ideal ball to learn with and get a good understanding of bowling.

hope your happy with your purchase of a brunswick ball...

let me know how it goes

luke green

Hey Pink

Ideally this ball will go straight, and considering you are a straight bowler, I think this would be an advantage for yourself, considering if you are just starting out and this is your first ball.

The disadvantages I can see with this ball is if, (and when) you decide to learn to curve the is that it won't hook as much as say a basic reactive ball, and it won't have as much "hitting" power either.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
BJ

Ideally this ball will go straight, and considering you are a straight bowler, I think this would be an advantage for yourself, considering if you are just starting out and this is your first ball.

BJ,

I am starting out, lve only been playing for about 5 months, and l've developed a straight bowling technique. I don't try and hook it or curve it, l just try and bowl straight, aiming for either pins 1+2 or 1+3.

Thanks for the advice, but l have another question, is it a disadvantage to bowl straight?

I am in a league and a few weeks ago, we played a team who all have reactive balls. There is one guy who is a very good player, yet on that night he was having trouble. The lanes had just been oiled, and while it affected his bowling, it did wonders to mine! I couldn't believe how straight my ball was going, hence a higher score.

I also know that 7-10 splits or other types of splits are occur more when you bowl straight.

with bowling reactive or curve bowling gives you a good advantage if you hit your marks as the curve help you hit the pocket harder, the down side is the faxct if you dont hit your marks then u can bowl low scores.

The one thing i can advise is fine someone in your centre who does basic coaching, so when you wont to progress up they can help you

my understanding on this is and may not be correct as i havent bowled for a long time

curve bowling is more of an advantage as it gives you more angle into the pocket 1 - 3 pins
a reactive ball is more of an advantage than plastic because it can accelerate into the pins once it gets off the oil a plastic ball will probably still keep skidding depending on how fast you bowl
you can stil bowl high scores straight if you are consistently hitting your target
i would recomend a entry level reactive ball now so when you do decide to curve bowl you have a good start
i also recomend learning as much as you can about sparing systems and the physics of the ball and lanes before trying to learn how to curve the ball

daniel d

I got this bowling ball today,

My boyfriend was sneeky and he got it from my local centre for me, and got the staff to tell me it would be in after christmas.

Its beautiful. I love the colours. I can't stop looking at it. On Wednesday l will be going to get it drilled, and l'll tell you how l go with bowling with it for the first time.

One more question - how should l take care of this ball? Should l buy a towel and cleaning products? If so - which ones?

thats good that you like the colours there all pretty cool...

if you want to clean it after every session of bowling buy some ebonite cleaner and spray the ball and clean with a towel..

or just every month or two get your proshop guy to resurface and polish it to keep it looking good..

luke green

thats good that you like the colours there all pretty cool...
if you want to clean it after every session of bowling buy some ebonite cleaner and spray the ball and clean with a towel..
or just every month or two get your proshop guy to resurface and polish it to keep it looking good..
luke green

Luke good to see you offering advice but don't wanna be a prick but you just told her. Brunswick product would be better to use on it. SInce i'm on staff till the 31st of December i would use the Brunswick Ball cleaner on it.

Chris hope your spare ball goes well.

I got this bowling ball drilled today, and l used it for the first time.

I have a goal to get over 100 in each game (l'm a beginner!) and my scores over the 3 games were:

134, 135 and 120.

I was quite pleased with the ball. I wasn't expecting to get the scores l did. It bowled very straight, and was just like the alley balls, only suited to my fingers. I think its great for a beginner, who normally uses alley balls but wants a ball of their own.

I still have to buy the cleaning product and the towel.

Looking forward to bowling again with it tonight!

I know l posted up previously today what l got, but l went bowling again tonight.

All 3 games over 100 again :)