SWEARING IN POSTS

Graham

Staff member
I dont think anyone saw the message a few weeks ago.

If you swear in a post your post will be deleted without question. A lot of kids visit this site and I do not want people to be not allowed to come here because of swearing.

This is what was posted - please abide by it :

TotalBowling is a web site open to all ages, and the TotalBowling team want it to stay that way. As such, please try to write without swearing - it is possible to display the intended amount of emotion without swearing.

In order to prevent casual swearing, TotalBowling includes swear filtering. Intentionally trying to bypass the swear filter will now mean that your post will be deleted without question and you risk being banned from the site. Please also note that swearing which is contextually understandable, e.g removing a letter, or changing the spelling slightly will be taken as an attempt to bypass the swear filter.

I have been amazed at the amount of swearing of late - it stops NOW.

graham what happens if you are say quoteing something like a phrase from a movie or lyrics for a song why should that get deleted.
if some body keeps diobeying your guidelines how many warnings are they allowed..

The swearing doesnt need to happen full stop. As ive said this is a site visited by all ages.

What im saying is that use common sense and courtesy when posting. Would you talk to a crowded room with some of the swearing that is used here ?

Im not into telling everyone what to do, nor into 3 strikes and your out - im pretty easy going. All im asking is just don't use swear words.

Back
Top Bottom