Sunshine-Pro shop gone

D

Damage_Inc

Sunshine no longer have a pro shop..been gone for a few weeks..doh
I was intrested in getting some brand new bowling shoes..
I have seen some on ebay,but I am iffy with the sizes :(

Does anyone know where there is a good pro shop near by?
I know people who have ordered shoes from Sunshine in the past and it took upto 6 months for them to get them.

Spewing Sunshine got rid of it...

Thanks and cheers,
Sam

Sunshine no longer have a pro shop..been gone for a few weeks..doh
I was intrested in getting some brand new bowling shoes..
I have seen some on ebay,but I am iffy with the sizes :(
Does anyone know where there is a good pro shop near by?
I know people who have ordered shoes from Sunshine in the past and it took upto 6 months for them to get them.
Spewing Sunshine got rid of it...
Thanks and cheers,
Sam
Hi, there one at Keon Park. Good Luck on what you are looking at getting. :cool:

just FYI AMF is shutting down a lot of the Victorian pro shops.
Keon Park, Dandy, Forest Hill and Moorabbin are the only ones I know of, that will be staying open.

At Chadstone the Pro Shop space once guttered will be used to house extra pinball machines and the likes.

At Ashmore the old proshop is now setup for parties! Still have ball drilling and the ability to purchase stuff but no real amount of stock on hand.

just FYI AMF is shutting down a lot of the Victorian pro shops.
Keon Park, Dandy, Forest Hill and Moorabbin are the only ones I know of, that will be staying open.
At Chadstone the Pro Shop space once guttered will be used to house extra pinball machines and the likes.

Pretty crap...
Should be atleast one in the western suburbs!
Bloody AMF :rolleyes:

i know its a fair hike, but really worth the drive over to ED FLEMING LANES.

i am positive joe will be able to sort something out for you over there.

like i said, i know its a fair drive, but it will be worth it i am sure!

cheers!

Yep, Im sure any of the non-AMF centres will be more then happy to assist you. Business is Business after all.

Pretty crap...
Should be atleast one in the western suburbs!
Bloody AMF :rolleyes:
To be fair to AMF, online Pro Shops are killing them. They are offering better prices and more choices.
I think Forest Hill will struggle too since Michael Doutch the pro shop driller is gone :rolleyes: but hey you can pm Tonx. He will take care of ya ;)

Maybe try an independent like Werribee or Altona.
It seems a bit of a shame that AMF are heading in this direction but with all the on line pro shops around and some wholesalers selling direct this will happen. It is pretty expencive to hold stock in a centre pro shop and if they don't sell much they will just disapeare.
This could create many problums to the average joe bowler.
Minor ajustments to ball drillings and just the everyday needs wont be there.
Most centre based pro shops can compete if they have volume turn over, if that stops close the doors is the only way to go unfortunatly.
The answer is ??????????

Sam, if you are after shoes, speak to my dad. I'm sure he could help you out by where to get some from at a decent price.

Anyway, I will see you when I start coaching again on Tuesdays.

Have fun, Bec Mueller

If there's anything your after, feel free to pop into Oz Tenpin Greensborough and let me know. No matter what brand or item you are after, if it's in the country I can have it for you in a couple of days.

Luke

While making my way to the post I did, I stumbled accross this post, and couldn't help but make a comment, and give my point of view, as it is something that affects me.

The reason a great deal of proshops are gone, is because they made no money!!!

Few were trained adequetly enough to deliver a great service on the high performance balls, and in most cases overstocked their shops with these balls.

They then discounted that stock to get rid of it and produced little to no profit.

This has been the trend for years and years.

When I came to work for AMF I did it because I wanted to work for a company that could make a difference, I think I am starting to do that, but don't be fooled by many of the people that have been making comments that they are providing better services, that's just not true.

I don't want to say anything against anyone wanting to sponsor a website such as this, but AMF is the biggest sponsor here, not the others, so I feel that I have a right to speak up for them.

Most AMF proshops are selling very cheap gear at the moment, because as you many of you have said, they are shutting down some of the shops, so plenty of bargains around.

I have had a look at some of these proshops advertising products and in the majority of cases, my proshop at Moorabbin is cheaper by 10- 20% or more, so if you are going to compare, compare!!

Having an exclusive brands of balls is fine, but remember that most of these small ball companies looked for many years to find someone to peddle there gear, it's just that some of us knocked them back, so they kept looking, and finally found someone.

Please also stop assuming that because someone has been drilling balls for 2 minutes that they are a guru, this is a false statement, and you shouldn't steer people towards them. All I have done since some of these people have invaded the industry is shake my head and wonder how people can be easily lead.

I have been in this industry for 26 years now, I did start at AMF, but opened up my own shop so I could service the better bowlers, I went close enough to broke because I discounted too much to compete. I was AMF's main competitor for 18 years, and have now been working for them again for nearly two years, I can see that their proshops were also going in that direction, which is why they are doing what they are doing, as someone said it's not personal it's business.

Online proshops are nothing new, I had one since the mid 90's, I still have one, but it is more for giving people information rather than peddling product, I have far too little time to play on websites and forums these days, as most of my busy week is spent drilling, fitting, selling, advising, coaching, teaching, training etc, and just being a busy proshop operator trying to stay alive.

On a final note, I like Paul Madden at Keon Park, can offer just about anything that's available.

Our products are cheaper than you will probably buy elsewhere, and between us we have over 45 years experience in measuring, fitting, drilling and laying out balls than just about everyone combined and then some.

So stop and think and make an informative decision, and shop around, and hopefully you end up at the right proshop!!

Regards,
Patrick Birtig
Bowlers World
AMF Moorabbin Bowl

Back
Top Bottom