State Representation 2009

Im not knocking the training squads i agree with you. Mate welcome to the real world not everyone has money growing on there trees. Thats why i rekon a Vic country team would be good. Just a alternative.

Deano

In 2005 the Victorian President Shield team had a practice weekend in Geelong and in 2006 they had a practice session in Bendigo.

Good to see positive post thanks Joel.

Geelong is not Country Victoria. Maybe once upon a time it could have been called that but not now. You and others in Melbourne need to realise how big Victoria actually is and look at a map once in a while. MOST the state is more than 90 minutes from Melbourne, making Bendigo one of the closer places as well.

I suppose it's no different to the idiots running the state. They think Victoria stops at Bendigo too.

Im not knocking the training squads i agree with you. Mate welcome to the real world not everyone has money growing on there trees. Thats why i rekon a Vic country team would be good. Just a alternative.

Deano

Yes I agree that not everyone has money growing on trees I certainly don't. But how would a Vic country team be a benefit to Victoria?

Well for starters We could base the practices around Bendigo and Ballarat. Max 4 hours travel for most players. As well as it may just spark the rivalry and bring back the competition with the City vs Country rivalry. I think it would be healthy for the bowling in this state. It could only be a plus i beleive.

Deano

Geelong is not Country Victoria. Maybe once upon a time it could have been called that but not now. You and others in Melbourne need to realise how big Victoria actually is and look at a map once in a while. MOST the state is more than 90 minutes from Melbourne, making Bendigo one of the closer places as well.

I suppose it's no different to the idiots running the state. They think Victoria stops at Bendigo too.

What the hell are you talking about?

I just wrote a thread saying how great it is that country bowlers are in Victorian teams.

If Geelong isn't in country Victoria then where is it?

You are telling me that a place less than 1 hour from melbourne with a freeway joining them is country Vic? Get a grip on reality and look at the map.

As for answering your question....Bendigo, Ballarat, Colac, Albury, Sunraysia, Horsham, Shepparton and so on. I havent put them all there as I couldn't be bothered finding a list.

I too think the state training squad is a great idea and should develop our bowlers, esp juniors, into great players. But i'm assuming these training sessions are extra sessions on top of required training sessions for the rep teams??
i (as i'm sure a lot of youth bowlers do) work weekends. if i were to make a vic team that would mean i would be training 2 weekends every month. am i correct in saying that?
thats a lot of work to miss out on

THe whole fact of the matter is if you havent got the cash dont bother. Im quite sure if all the sessions were held in Mildura that there wouldnt be many go for it.

Deano

Does Geelong bowl in the Country Cup?

Ballarat is one hour from Melbourne is that not in the country?

Exactly the narrowminded sort of thing someone who hasnt looked at a map would say. Just because a place is not in metro Melbourne does not mean it is country. Personally I don't think Geelong should be in CC but that isn't up to me (they dont do very well anyway these days ;)).

How about you get off your butt and go for a drive north. When you realise there is a lot more to Vic than Melbourne then come back and post.

Exactly the narrowminded sort of thing someone who hasnt looked at a map would say. Just because a place is not in metro Melbourne does not mean it is country. Personally I don't think Geelong should be in CC but that isn't up to me (they dont do very well anyway these days ;)).

How about you get off your butt and go for a drive north. When you realise there is a lot more to Vic than Melbourne then come back and post.

Can we just cut out the attitude.

I have driven to many bowling centres throughout Victoria and Interstate.

What is a really a positive move by Victenpins again get critised by the negative posters on TotalBowling.

Have your Vic rep team then.

Some of the best bowlers in the state will have to settle for bowling in other things and you will end up with a second rate team for the state.

yeah fair enough. just make sure you're in the team that plays us in albury... too bad i'll more than likely be on the bench lol

Have your Vic rep team then.

Some of the best bowlers in the state will have to settle for bowling in other things and you will end up with a second rate team for the state.

I must be missing something here.

Are you under the impression that I am saying that the vic rep team should only have city bowlers in it?

Good idea with the session just it should be flexible with country bowlers. ITs simple.

Deano

You know state reps were the best of the best .....Not NOW !!!
If you can pay you can play !!!!.... Training camps are positive there is no arguements from me !!!

Results should be the team not those who can afford it ...
God knows bowlers pay enough thru out the year....
Why dont the managers ever pay & reduce costs for all.

I Think the state training squad is a good idea and most of the junior and youth bowlers of the future are in fact country bowlers!

State reps are still the best of the best! Take a look at the youth girls last week... we chucked 1010 for 4 games with our lowest game being a 237 and it was on a long pattern! you can not tell me that aint great bowling

Back
Top Bottom