Stacker game in Bowling centres are rigged!

Hi people,
As most of you probably know, many Bowling centres contain Stacker machines, which feature prizes such as game consoles, mobile phones, and digital cameras. After witnessing several people pumping loads of money into them and missing out on a major prize on the last row, I came to realise what a scam the game actually is. I did some research and discovered what seems to be common knowledge among many Americans. The machine is rigged and can be set so a maximum prize can only be issued up to 1 in 800 attempts. That can mean you have as little as a 0.125% chance of winning. This really annoys me as the game is meant to be based on skill, however when you get to the last row, skill is not involved. The block shifts from a winning row in a millisecond so you cannot time it no matter how accurate you are. Once the machine has made its quota of profit, it finally allows someone the opportunity to win something.

I think this is a disgrace and very unethical. Essentially this machine is set up like a poker machine. It is basically a poker machine. Bowling centres shouldn't be carrying these money making scam machines if a player's skill factor plays no part in whether they win or lose. Before people flame me in this thread and call me a liar because they have won on it before, be aware that I downloaded the user manual and checked myself. I read that there is legal action pending against this machine in California.

Please feel free to discuss this. Please tell us of your experiences with this machine at your local centre. Have you ever won anything or did you get that all too familiar feeling that you've been scammed? :mad:

3121_12.jpg

Stacker machines, while providing a little entertainment, can be pretty addictive. Poker machines and stacker machines are both a waste of your time and money. You may get lucky and win on occasion, but the more you play the more you lose.

Poker machines do NOT pay off simply because x amount of money has been put through them. Their payouts are 100% controlled by Tattersalls or Tabcorp and playing the pokies destroys thousands of families each year in Australia. Is the gov't tax revenue really worth the destruction of someone's life?

So should Chocolate machines and plush toy skill testers also be removed because the claws can be backed off to pick up less??

As Wayne said, pokies can ruin lives, I don't think a Stacker Machine will.

If all the "do good police" had thier way no one would have any fun.

Rob

So should Chocolate machines and plush toy skill testers also be removed because the claws can be backed off to pick up less??
As Wayne said, pokies can ruin lives, I don't think a Stacker Machine will.
If all the "do good police" had thier way no one would have any fun.
Rob

Is that why we never win any chocolates LOL ;)

I am the stacker master and I also helped with the reaserch and was annoyed to find this info. I was told that was on a timer system the more people to play the faster it hoes the more likely to pay out :D. But thats not the case. A 1 in 800 chance is not very good odds not happu :(
check out the clip you will see what I mean

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djloVB22r5Y"]YouTube - EVIL ARCADE MACHINES[/ame]

The STIG

I don't think its kind to insult peoples intelligence. Everyone knows the game
is a game of chance and if you're the lucky umpteenth person to pop that
lucky dollar in you may win a great prize for only a dollar.
But just as a precaution we may install a clock next to the machine.
But while I have that spare dollar or two I will always try my luck.
Doriana 'The Gambler' Porto ;) ;) :surrender:

they had one of those at penrith bowl i use to play it every monday nigth and i won 3 major prize's out of it so i aint complaining

Once put ten bucks worth of 20c pieces into one of those Skilltester machines over at the old Mornington Tenpin one night and didn't win a cracker LOL.
I did find a way to rig those chocolate machines, but I'm not going into that on here.
As for pokies, the best pokies are ones that have been repeatedly hit with a blockbuster in my opinion. :)

lol how long did it take till some one else worked it out? i worked in a bowling alley in nz and we have a time out arcade, and the people that came in and fixed it told us all. pretty much all games with claws to pick up the toys and stackers and chocolate games are rigged. by the way depending on the chocolate game if you turn it off and turn it on it will open the door and you just tip the machine and everything falls out.

haha yeah that is an alright idea but there are quite alot of machines that have a tilt mechignisim. the choc machines ive tryed dont seem to be rigged. u just need to get the claw in the right spot. theyre easiest but the old machines with just the forward arrow and the right arrow are the hardest and i havnt won diddly squat from them. and as for the joystick toy machines well theyre quite the same. ive wona a couple of things from them.

The plush toy and chocolate machines we have at the bowl, people play all the time, and normally they win..
but the stacker machine sucks... my mate pumped about 15 bucks into it at a bowling alley somewhere and didnt win a thing... Its pretty stupid, all the music and flashing lights convince People (mostly little kids) that "hey if you play this, you will win".
and normally you dont anyway

cheers,

I put $2 in the stacker machine got a major prize on the first go which was a camera and got a minor prize after that which was a poker chip key ring i think.

It's not that hard hand eye co ordination i win prizes from it all the time.

Back
Top Bottom