SQ 2008 State Champs and Rachuig

Hey Shinnie

Better double check the times in the State champs form. People are checking in pretty early for the masters to be bowling in the evening.

:D:D

Also is the state team being totally selected??

Also is the state team being totally selected??

It does say selection is based on first 7 on pinfall with your allevents scores added in, so it is still first 7 past the post based on 17 games, that's what I got from reading the form.

Isn't the QLD invitational team a different team to the QLD Rachuig team?
Please explain slowly for us that are out of the loop.
Thanks

Hooligan,

From my understanding their is no NQ or SQ Rachuig every year anymore.

This year SQ had the Rachuig team and anyone from NQ or SQ who wanted roll off for the invitational team could. Next year its NQ's turn and anyone from NQ or SQ again can roll off for the invitational team. Essentially there is still two Qld teams, just that instead of being North and South its Qld and Qld Invitational. Somebody correct me if im wrong.

Interesting?

I gather with these dates that BATBA won't have a Masters representitive as their Championships are at the end of May. I believe Caboolture do theirs around the same time too.

Good to see some changes.

hamster

I am sorry Andrew, but as the nominated Seniors Co-ordinator, I again must state that the senior bowlers are being discriminated against in this event due to the fact that they must pay their Masters Fee of $70 before they have even competed in the All Events.

Open and Restricted bowlers are not required to, so why should the oldies???

Broni Morgan

Point taken Broni. We had a rethink and we have adjusted the Seniors rules accordingly. There will now be a $10 Entry/Nomination fee and a $60 fee for the final.
The Forms should now show this change.

With regard to those Centres/Associations that will hold their Masters after the State event, it is unfortunate but we needed to do something radical to try to revive these Championships.

We will ask those Centres involved if they would like to send their present Masters Champions to represent at State for a second time. It gives them a second chance but no-one is disadvantaged and it gives Associations such as Bris and Caboolture the chance to at least have someone there rather than no-one there.

Caboolture have already agreed to send the same 2 bowlers again, (thank you Brian) and hopefully the others will do the same.
Or the Associations may prefer to run a Masters before the State event.

With the South Qld state Championships only a few weeks away I was wondering who is heading to Rockhampton this year…

With it being held over two long weekends, this must help a few of the bowlers who have to travel…

Any car pools organised yet…

Not sure yet . Was still waiting for word on who will represent BATBA as their Master champs as our Champs & Masters are being bowled after the State.

Hammo

Back
Top Bottom