Sport Bowling League UPDATE!!

STEROID

Hi guys,

The sport bowling league will be in full force starting on Monday, April 18 at 8pm (for a meeting to finalise rules for the league).
For those of you interesting in joining the Sport Bowling League at Mentone, here are the details:

Day and time for league: Mondays at 8:30pm
How many weeks? 20 week season
When will the oil pattern change? Different oil pattern every 2-4 weeks (flexible)
How many games? 4 games per night
What is the league format? Tournament format each week- 1st place each week gets highest amount of points, last place gets lowest amount of points (cash at end of season for everyone according to highest number of points won)
Cash incentives each week! No person can win cash in consecutive weeks. If there are 20 bowlers, top 3 or top 5 will receive cash for that night. (Haven't really worked this out yet because we don't know how many bowlers have joined the league yet)
Handicap or scratch league? Handicap is 80% of 200 (makes it fair for everyone!)
How much? $20 per week

We have had a number of people inquire about the league, however, we can only limit the league to 24 bowlers due to the limited space available at Mentone bowl. If you would like to join this league and were NOT at the organisation meeting at Mentone on Monday, April 4, respond to this post or call Mentone bowl (9583 1244) to reserve your spot for the league.
We have approximately 10 people right now, which is not including some of the people that posted something on this forum and did not show up at the organisational meeting on Monday.
Hope to see you all there on April 18 at 8pm! :)
thanks
Chris Mesagno

Hi Chris

Can you put me down as a definite starter for the league. I will see you there on the 18th.

Thanks Cheryl :D :D

Hey Chris, I forgot to bring this up in the meeting but if we are starting on the 18th that means the following week will be Anzac Day holiday so we will miss a week of bowling. Don't know if it would be better to start after the holiday or if people will be happy bowling one week before and then continuing on afterwards.

Anyway, just letting you know.

Cheers,
Brett.

Just to inform you that the sport bowling league will be starting next Monday night (April 18th) at Mentone bowl. For those of you not familiar with sport bowling, please see the "sport bowling coming to mentone?" post on this website in the Victoria forum.

This league should be great experience for all who participate. Right now we have approximately 14 bowlers, but only have room for 10 more.

For those that responded to the other post about this league and have not put your name here yet (e.g., Doug Bear, Jay K, and Frankston bowlers), please either call Mentone bowl or respond to this message to let us know you are coming. Signing up is essential as it is limited to 24 bowlers!

Thanks Cheryl for your message and see you on Thursday and Monday.

Brett, thanks for the message about Anzac day... I think we should still start on Monday as people are wanting to start now! We'll discuss whether we should bowl on Anzac day at our first meeting. I'm not fussed whether we bowl that day or not!

Any questions, just post them here and I'll respond as quickly as possible.

Thanks everyone
Chris Mesagno

I spoke to Dougy on Friday and he said he will be there. I will remind him this Friday again to confirm.

As far as Anzac Day goes, I myself along with a few others probably will be bowling the Werribee Marathon and definately do not want to back up 24 hours of bowling for league on Monday night. That, and other people will most likely be busy but I guess we will find out on Monday.

See ya all there,
Brett.

Chris ,
just want to say thank you for last night , a good turn out for the first on and I would like to thank Steve for the support that he is giving the league
8)

sorry i couldnt make it, i had work comittments and to be honest totally forgot about bowling....i will check it out next week hopefully
cheers
doug

Thanks Jay K for your support. I appreciate that! It should be a fun and interesting league that everyone will learn from. Hopefully we can expand it next year.

Dougie... no worries about not making it on monday... You would be a good addition to the league. Please let us know if you are going to be a PERMANENT league member as this is important to determine $$ for the OVERALL prize list.

Just to inform everyone. Right now we have 18 bowlers, which gives us a 1-4 payout each week and a pretty good size payout overall.
1st- $40
2nd- $25
3rd- $15
4th- $10

I hope noone minds, but I increased the 2nd place prize money per week by $5 considering we have 18 instead of 17 bowlers. If there are any other changes to the number of bowlers, I will consult you guys first!

Just a reminder to everyone that we DO NOT have league on Monday night because of Anzac day! League will resume again on Monday, May 2. I will probably NOT be there that day as suggested on Monday because of other prior committments...

Thanks for all who are bowling!
chris

Back
Top Bottom