Brunswick Smokin Inferno review

tonx

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg, another Inferno review :D

Smokin Inferno. 4 by 4, pin 1/2 an inch below fingerline, midlane increasing, and flare increasing XH. 800 grit light polish.

Activator advance is designed to be a more versatile version of the Original Activator. This ball has a slightly higher RG than the Original, Ultimate, and Absolute cores..

Due to its higher rg than the other inferno's I own, I wanted this one to still start up early enough, but arc on wet dry and big backend shots. For this reason, I kept the pin low, and moved it closer to my pap than most other layouts. I also took the cover DOWN a little to make it a little more even rolling.

Very impressive ball. Its unique even roll, versatility, and adaptability makes this ball worthwhile in the bag. I find it best to use when the shot breaks down a little, and the lanes become funky. Its a ball that when revved up, it still makes a controllable move, it just covers more boards. This ball is money on house shots, and also FANTASTIC on wood.

The Smokin's only real weakness is a huge amount of oil, or a longer than usual pattern. It can be used on these shots, however there are better choices in the bag.

8.5/10

Back
Top Bottom