Brunswick Enter the Inferno

tonx

Ball: Original Inferno
Layout: pin above ring, x-hole on VAL level with fingers.
Surface: 800grit lightly polished.

This was my first 'Reactive' Brunswick ball. I got it from the Wonderkid (aka John Allen)

1 word: Impressive.

The Original Inferno was a worldwide success, with its new concept of 'dynamically symmetrical' ULTRA low RG core, and the new 'Activator' coverstock, it took the world by storm!

Because of its extremely low RG, the original inferno revs off the hand very easily. It is quick and clean through the heads, and doesnt over-react on the dry. The hook motion is very arcy, and plays very well on most patterns. It doesn't mind carry down, and I find that I am able to keep using the ball thoughout a whole league night, only having to make small adjustments to keep it into the pocket.

The coverstock is extremely durable, and with well in excess of 500 games by now, it still hits as hard as new. Whenever it starts to show any signs of roll-out, A simple 'day in the sun' and a good thorough clean gets this little puppy reacting great again.

Its a medium oil ball at best, however because of its hard, controllable roll, I find I am able to use it when they are a little wetter, by simply playing straighter. Its only weakness, is it doesnt seem to like to cross a huge amount of boards, so when it gets really dry, its time to put it away.

Light hits, high hits, and brooklyn, this ball carry's as well as any other ball ive ever owned. All in all, im very impressed with the first Brunswick ball I have owned, and I wouldn't hesitate to get another one if I could actually find 1 New in Box!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom