Brunswick Absolute Inferno review

tonx

G'day guys, About time I reviewed the AI....

i've tried 2 drillings on this baby, both with a pin to pap distance of 4.5, but the first drilling the pin ended up next to the fingers, with a midlane and flare increasing XH. The second, the pin ended up 1 inch above the fingerline, with the XH JUST below midline, inside VAl by 1/2 an inch (flare decreasing)

The ball comes Brunswick Rough Buff finish OOB, however I took it UP to 800 grit, with a high gloss finish. Activator + was designed to go longer than original activator, with a stronger reaction off the dry.

The first drilling was like a Britney Spears. When she was HOT she was an absolute stunner, but a week later, you would see her walking down the street, ciggy hanging out, boobs drooping, in a pair of 2buck thongs, looking drugged off her head.

On either a fresh, or a severely broken down shot, it seemed to rev up fantastically in the midlane, have a strong backend motion and clean the deck on a consistent basis more often than not. When transition came into play this ball was horrible. Over-under is an understatement in this situation, and when it was possible to get the ball back to pocket, the carry was worse than 50cents acting ability. This won't do, because he really does suck!!!

There was 1 of 2 reasons that the ball was doing this. It was either surface, or drilling. Since I loved the look the cover had on the lane on some shots, I took a punt and guessed its whats inside that counts!

The second drilling has nailed everything better than Debbie did when she went to Dallas. Raising the pin an inch to increase length and slightly raise RG, with the XH still enhancing midlane, just not as much due to bringing it inside VAL (makes it flare slightly less)

This ball is now often the first ball out of my bag. Its controlling hockey-stick shaped movement give awesome power at the pins. The ball is great on fresh, when transition comes into play, simple movements around the squirt are easily made. Predictability, as well as hitting power makes this ball a fantastic piece. When the lanes dry out, I find myself able to increase my speed, and still get a fantastic midlane and backend read.

8.5/10

The most controllable ball on the market. The whole inferno series is! Including the smash zone (inferno core)

Back
Top Bottom