Shoes, whats the real difference

S

swonky

Hi group..

I dont know what ppl who have seen me bowl have classed me as, like a cranker, tweener or stroker, I know I have a strange style but thats not the point here... I'm wondering

I'm thinking of purchasing some dexters, and I want my fellow juniours input on the pros and cons of dexters over the simply $80 Amf shoe from the local pro shop.

Would a purchase of the higher scale shoes do me good? If you ever seen me bowl, you'll understand.

And from the people that have made the change of shoes, what were some of your results??

And can you really notice the difference.

Anyway gotta go.

James Sitters

icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

James

I have to admit the change from AMF shoes to dexters has been a fairly good change except for the dramatic price difference.

I find the biggest advantage being that you can swap heels or soles to suit the lanes, which is good for me as the majority of my approach is a slide.

I think you would be fine using dexters I have seen you bowl but cant really picture your approach.

Maybe you could try and find a second hand pair first to see if you like them and then go on to buying a new pair or you could go for the cheaper alternative, I think the brand name is D & B or something like that.

Hope this helps.

Kel

Well i have made the change from linds to dexter sst 5 , although linds are the most comptable between the two and mold to your feet it need the extra slide control that dexters give me and the abbliaty to change the heel and for sole
as i am very conciuos of my slide .

I changed from the ordinary jogger style of shoe to Linds about 6 years ago (im still wearing these same shoes) and I have found when bowling a considerable amount of games my feet and legs do not ache, so purely on a comfort level the change was worth the cost increase. I have also found that Linds tend to last longer than Dexters (Sally's Dexters lasted 2 years) but both brands are very good and both have the changeable soles. I hope this helps you.
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

ok jAMES

i have been using lynds shoes now for about 4 years......and since then have gone through 2 pairs but not cause of wear and tear but cause ive grown
icon_smile.gif

i personally love the higher quality shoe....for 2 main reason

durabilty and performance........

although lydns ( my pair) dont offer the choice of changin the soul or heal what i think it does for me......gives me a very similar slide on every shot which is what u want
CONSISTANCY......DOC kee told me that if u can get to the line and let the ball o the same way every shot u cant miss........so i think shoes help me get to the line consistanly

again the con is $$$$$

if u have the money i would by a pair of lynds or DEXTERS

hope that helped

laaaaaaaaaaater

sorry i forgot something
jarrod lean is the best i would buy his 2nd hand pair sctually james.....go look at tht guy and see what shoes his wearing.......

jezzzzz.....

hahaha

laaaater all

Hey James.

Choice of shoes for me was pretty important wen l wanted to buy my second pair of shoes. Because l have Cerebal Palsy (mild, Left side only) l do not have the strength in my left leg to keep me stable at the line. I had to look for a strong shoe so my foot would not move at the line. Firstly l bought a pair of dexters (sst 1) and that helped my balance at the line greatly. Just recently l have bought a pair of Linds and they are a great shoe to bowl in. My balance at the line has improved even more.

l would recommend them anyday to anyone.

Catch ya soon James.

Thanx for the replies

Reese i'm still sick!!!

I'm gunna ask Doc then make my final decision on Sunday night, so keep those replies coming!!

Regards

Swonky

or James (whichever)
icon_sad.gif
DAMN COLD!

Hey Jamesby,
its Reesby.. how u doin dude?>?
yeh i think you should go 4 whateva brad says.. knowin that brad has cerebal P you and him sorta have sumfing in common in bowlin so i guess u may need linds dude..
thats just what i thought so yeh
catch ya sunday at shield practice dude
icon_smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_confused.gif

xoxoxox

Oi!!!
U little S**t i thought ud b beta by sunday dude u beta b or i'll smash ya.. haha YEh rite
icon_razz.gif
Yeh good idea about the shoes just go and ask doc thats the way 2 go
catch on the wkd
icon_smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_confused.gif

xoxoxoxoxo

Back