Buying new shoes

Nitephyre

Who doesn't like playing with their balls?
Hi all,

I'm looking at a few different models of shoes. I'm essentially starting out again after having a long break from league bowling, but I've never owned my own before.

I'm not after anything super fancy and I'm trying to decide between these three, all on ebay. The Etonic & Dexters are in America and the Dynothanes are in Australia. Also, the Dynothanes have changeable soles & heels, whereas the Etonic & Dexters are solid.

Since there's not much difference in price, I'm after some opinions for a born-again Bowler :D

Etonic Glo-Skull 2 $34.35 + $21.60 (postage) = $55.95 shipped
Dynothane S-950-04 Black/Silver $39.95 + $19.50 (postage)= $59.45 shipped
Dexter Ricky 3 Black/Red $38.10 + $21.60 (postage) = $59.70 shipped

Cheers,
Matt :)

Thoughts from someone who made this mistake when returning after an 8 year break....

Firstly get shoes with replaceable soles. It extends the life of them many times over unless you intend to use a shoe sock. Also you get what you pay for, sure there are bargains out there but over all the better shoes are more expensive. Im in the market also as my ETONIC soles replacements are hard to find nowadays.

Good luck.

most of the Australian proshops stock these NEW with warranty, and you can make sure that they will fit and it wont cost you much more and you will have them same day
ebay can be good BUT.............!
just my thoughts though
Carol

The ones I've listed are new, but as it turns out I missed getting them by an hour or so after watching them for over a month... usually my luck, once I decide to get something BAM, gone :D

Cons of being a bowler on a small budget :)

Well I've ended up going with some Etonic Strike 300's as there wasn't much of a price difference. Hopefully they're a nice fit :)

Back
Top Bottom