SERIOUS TOURNO-- TOOWOOMBA

B

BUDDHA

I have been reading the comments regarding tournaments and the lack of support they seem to receive. This is sad for the sport.

Without stealing my associates thunder, I would advise all of you serious tournament bowlers to watch ths forum closely for details of a tournament to be held in Toowoomba's Garden City Lanes in the New Year.

Details will be released soon.

There have been some big scores shot here over the last 6 months, and we look forward to seeing a good cross section of bowlers having a go.

Don't forget to have that Century 100 "SUPERCHARGED" first, SO THAT YOU CAN PUT A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF OIL ALONG AND ACROSS THE LANES

Pete,

It doesn't need to be supercharged, just put in a high flow wick, use Legends oil and voila plenty of oil.

Just ask the guys at Rosemount at this years Rosemount Cup.

"The most oil I have bowled on In Australia"
quote: Tim Mack.

I can definitely say it was as much, if not more oil than Arafura last year (remember that one Pete?)

so the Century 100 can put out plenty, if set up correctly and the right oil used.

Brenton
my post was more refering to the opperators of the machine.The centre has in the past been devoid of oil past 15 feet, and in another post the previous day Buddah was seeking assistance for a new mechanic to service the Century which was unfamiliar to the "new mechanic".
It was my poor attempt at being funny.
I do wish the centre well, and hope that the Tournament is sucessful,and personally hope there is a significant amount of oil across the lane PAST 35 feet.
I DO NOT subscribe to the theory that only Kegel Machines can set good wet patterns. You mentioned Rosemount,and I would like to add another centre that deserves special mention, Ballina.. Cameron set a great and fair condition with an early model Century that proves that you don"t have to spent $50,000 on an oiling machine, you just need an opperator that knows what he is doing.

Guys,
The centre in the past 12 months has had an oiling pattern that has been fair to all bolwers. There have been a significant amount of high games bowled, mainly by the higher averaged bowlers(naturally).

Barry Fagg has set and broken several house records,just missing his 300 (299). The condition has been good, my request for information was a result in the machine breaking a bolt, and previous mechanics lack of integrity by storing the manuals in a safe spot!

No offence has been taken, and all being well Barry will release the information about the Tournament soon, we are merely mustering support early (if that is possible).

In an effort to support my bowlers, I hasten to add, that the machine (due to the breakdown),left a "pretty untidy" pattern. Barry's son Philip struggled, and, after some tips from his mum, changed balls and release, then shot a lane record of 288, with the 1st 9 shots strikes!

This only shows, that a little bit of thought directed to the game can overcome a poor condition.

Look forward to meeting you all.

John W

Back
Top Bottom