Selection procedures - Boys Youth team - China

Michal

From the TBA website, 28/4/2007:
"The team will be selected in the forthcoming week and those without confirmed passport number cannot be selected. As soon as the team is selected visas are immediately applied for and take time to access, it is not possible to wait for a delay on a passport number with the time left before travel"...
From the TBA website, 8/5/2007:
"All boys who have nominated for this team are invited to attend the Team Selection Camp to be held in Melbourne at Moorabbin on Friday 22nd (6PM start), Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th June 2007."
Bowlers must supply their passport number by the 10th of June (with payment for the camp & confirming their attendence).
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Also: ..."The cost of the camp will be $350 for bowlers residing outside of Victoria and $ 450 for bowlers residing in Victoria"...
How does that support selecting the best possible team?
Or equal opportunity for that matter? (with interstate travel the cost for non-Victorian bowlers will be a minimum of about $600 and possibly quite a bit more).
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Could someone enlighten me? :please:

It's not necessarily about funding (or not only). I would like to understand the reasoning behind the changes to the procedure and how that works. I can't make sense of what I read on the TBA website. It seemed very definite and very strict and all of a sudden it all changes?
It also seems that Victorian and/or rich bowlers will have an advantage and I'm asking: is that the idea, is it effective (in the sense of a best possible team) and is it fair?

well i'm sure Alex could help with anything you asking him on that subject rather then asking us bowlers about it.

The cost of $350 for interstate bowlers is because of the fact that they need to also fork out for transportation to get to and from the camp.
Girls do not need to attend the camp because there was such a small number of them apply, and also so they can still bowl QLD Ladies which is held the same weekend.

Thats as much as I know. You should really send June and/or Alex an email with all your queries.

Back
Top Bottom