Seeking input - Townsville SunCity Open

RobbieB

Rodentus scientificus
Hi all,
This is aimed mainly at those coming to Townsville for Rachuig and National Masters, I guess. Judy at Currajong is considering the dates to hold this years Sun City (It is DEFINITELY on). Currently the Masters is penciled in for November 4/5 (Tue/Wed), followed by Rachuig on the 6-8th. It has been suggested that to take advantage of the fact that a number of Australias top bowlers will be here anyway, the Sun City be held from Friday Oct. 30th to Sunday Nov. 2nd. If the interest is there, other suggestions have been to add a late squad on Saturday to allow bowlers to fit the tournament in around the Nationals, and to add a separate Ladies division, cutting to separate matchplays of perhaps the top 10 ladies and 16 men, rather than the current composite 15 men/5 ladies cut.
I personally feel that this is a great idea, and will result in a very high quality field for this years Open, as well as possibly adding another ladies open tournament to the calendar (albeit for this year only).
Entry last year was $170, I think, with a pretty good payout thanks to some generous sponsors. Any comments. suggestions or indications of interest will be very welcome.

I like the idea. The weekend before (1st weekend in November) Rachuig would be a good warm up to everything. Whether I can make it or not, i'm not sure yet. I guess the first thing is to make the Rachuig team.
If I go to townsville then I would consider bowling at Sun City of course it would depend on travel times and accommodation.

Townsville Suncity Open

I would like to offer a suggestion- just brain storming only.

The Queensland South Rachuig team will be arriving in Townsville on the Saturday 1st. As things are at the moment if we arrived earlier it would mean for the Men and Ladies in our teams another day off work and another day of expense onto our trip. The trip as it stands for our bowlers is a 10 dayer at the moment.

Bowling considerations are - to Bowl the All Events prior to Rachuig - there goes one day possibly two if every one wants to bowl the team event at the same time - plus qualify for the Masters. Then straight into the Masters then one day rest and then straight into Rachuig. Then fly home on the Monday. after a very big party. There are a lot of bowlers who would support your event. I have always allowed the Men to bowl in a 'pre-tournament' as long as there is breathing time for events - I think the last one was in Adelaide - It was great to see our guys bowl in another tournament - some team coaches are not so liberal and would not allow their bowlers to bowl in anything other than Rachuig. If you want the Rachuig Bowlers in - you will need to 'create more time'

Would it be possible to change the format of the Suncity OPen to be a One day TOurnament - with possibly two squads - then cut to 16 and bowl 8 games total pinfall or any other format to conclude in the one day? Just a thought - back to the rest

Gail

Back
Top Bottom