SE Coast Country Championship Cup?

socko

Hi there.

I live in the Illawarra & have recently taken up bowling in my first League. I have read on the forum here about an event coming up in June on the w/e 14th & 15th.
How come we haven't seen any recognition or promoting of his event in the area & how are we meant to know when something comes up like this if it isn't publicised? I do not bowl at Strikezone where I believe the event is being held & I am sad to say I haven't even seen it promoted in other centres nearby.

I received information about this event upon my curious questioning a member of this forum who in fact is an ACT Resident/Bowler.. yet he was able to tell me from so far away!

Maybe I am not lookig in the right places, & forgive me if i look silly. I want to support any event that comes here as currently we are unable to travel due to financial situations. But I am eager to go spectate at this event & hope to see others do the same. Afterall how can Bowling lift it's following numbers if there is no following to start from?

Ah yes, The Country Challenge. It's like a league where a bunch of bowlers from around the SE sector of NSW (and ACR) visit each centre once every month and bowl against each other. Other centres include Campelltown City Bowl, AMF Belconnen in ACT, AMF Illawarra Strikezone and AMF Tuggeranong in ACT.

I'm not sure of the details about joining, if you can. I know my friends back in ACT do it every month, ill be sure to ask them when I visit them on that June weekend.

Bob,

Forgive me if i am wrong here but it sounds a lot like you may be blaming the wrong people for publicity. Firstly it is forums like these that allow people to publicise there up coming tournaments and as long as you are a member of totalbowling and do not misuse this forum you are able to promote any event you wish to.

It is not the responsibility of Total bowling to go around and ring up every centre and publicise every event it is the responsibility of the person or peoples running the event to publicise there own events and total bowling gives these people the tool to do so on a national and even international forum.

The people that you should be pointing the finger of blame at would be those people who are running with this tournament not to use the free forum provided to them by the totalbowling website.

If i am reading this wrong please accept my apologize but that is the way it sounds to me.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

I totally understand that responsible parties for advertising & promoting is that of the organisers of any event, be it bowling etc.
I definately am not pointing the finger at anyone in particular (or at least not trying to), more so just voicing my thoughts & hoping those that do organise events like this & many others, may take note if they have not advertised their event on here, or anywhere else for that matter, then not everyone will know about it & therefore they may not be "spotlighting" themselves or their event to the public.

Apologies for anyone thinking I was aiming or focusing on this forum & TotalBowling at all, it was definately not my intention. Please forgive me???!!!!

I guess if your an active bowler who is around these types of events then you know when they will be or what they are about. Or at least it is easier for you to hear about them through peers & resources.
As I am merely starting out, it kinda needs flashing under my nose for me to become educated on the event or the fact it is going to be held in my area.
So speaking from a beginner's point of view, how am I to learn what's going on around me if it isn't easily available to me? Whether through free online advertising in forums such as this, advertised in local centres or in local media etc.

So now I am realising that this event takes place each month. I hope I can spectate at a few if they are going to be fairly local, so I can learn some "tricks of the trade" so to speak hehe. I'd also like to show my support & respect to those who have bowled long before me & made the game what it is that I enjoy today.

Thanks for your comments :)

we will be bowling at strikezone on the 14th and 15th june....

on the sat it starts at 1pm goes for 5 games about 6pm
on the sunday it starts at about 9am and goes tilll about 2pm another 5 games.

strikezone has a team in it but as for joining i have no idea how u go about it...

thanx

Thanks for that :)

Hopefully will get to come down before the trip to Sydney Sunday for the WWE tour.... he he he.

Back
Top Bottom