Sam Romeo Wins BMW NSW Country Open at Orange

Forbesy

On behalf of the Orange Tenpin Bowl i'd like to congratulate Sam Romeo on winning his 3rd BMW NSW Country Open today.

Sam bowled consistently all weekend finishing 2nd after qualifying at +243, only 25 pins behind Dale Fitzgerald. By the end of the second day though it was a different story, Sam had hit the lead after the 2nd game and when he bowled 278 in the 3rd there was know turning back. He powered on home for the next 11 games to win by 131 pins, the biggest winning margin in the tournament history.

Robert Alston finished 2nd, and David Rosser 3rd.

It was also the 1st time that we have had a full field of 64 bowlers competing and with next year being our 21st birthday we may even look at opening up a 3rd squad (if numbers permit). Full results can be found here.

Regards
Ron Forbes
Web Master.

I would like the thank Aldo and hes staff, for another awesome tournament.
to Dave and hes staff for providing great food all week end

and to Orange Prestige (BMW), Glen Rowland (QubicaAMF), Ron Bickerstaff (Brunswick)
For there great sponsorship.

And to Ron 'fatman' Forbes, for the great web work.

Many Thanks, to all bowlers and supporters which made a great weekend

And well done to Sam on a great win and to Robert for a great little battle at the end

Thankyou
David Rosser
David

Nice work Sam. I hope to see your Trophy in your trolley in two Thursdays time at Blacktown! LoL

Well done Sam you had that Track Temper on a string on weekend mate, you bowled awesomely, a win greatly deserved for the quiet achiever.

A special thank you to Aldo and all the team for once again putting on a superb event, lets see if next year for the 21st Anniversery we can get 3 full squads.

It was also great to see everyone support the Demo Night we held on friday night a great time was had by all that attended, a night worth attending im sure you would agree.

One special congratulations to Jason Quarmby who competed in his very first adult tournament on finishing in the top 16, a great result, and a definate star in the future to come.

Well done Sam, you truly looked like you had on a string the entire weekend.

To Aldo and his staff, as well as all the sponsors - thankyou so much for a great tournament. From the demo night on friday (thanks to Glen and Qubica) to the dinner after qualifying it was truly an enjoyable weekend.

See you guys again in A squad next year!!

I would just like to take this opportunity to congratulate Sam once again for a great exhibition of bowling yesterday. It was joy to watch. definately those 1/2 bungers between worked for ya mate :)

I would also like to thank Aldo, Ron and all the crew for such a great event and will be back next year for sure and hopefully many more to come.

Thanks again

Jason Scott

Back
Top Bottom