SA Under 23's squad list

Yes, i too would like to know what we are bowling on as the 5 WA bowlers coming to this event are all freighting equipment on friday, is it possibly to just get a volume and length even?

Hey guys,

The pattern will be Aalborg (please see attached file). Also deposits need to be in asap please.

cheers,

Shane

Attachments

• 2009_EBT_07__Brunswick_Aalborg_International_3045.pdf
    54.2 KB · Views: 98
Wow, nice and straight, especially given the centre we are bowling at.

Friendly word of advice to all bowlers. Go invest in some sandpaper or by game 3 not only will you be averaging 130, this will be unplayable for everyone. :D

See you all in a fortnight :)

or some 80 grit 'pattern smashers' any thing can be opened up if you know how. Bugger the lane surface you wont have to pay to get it fixed up!!!

The Pro Shop has NEW Abralon Pads for any surface adjustments required, so no need to worry there. It will be staffed during the event to attend to any surface adjustments required.

Cool... A couple of people have asked for my opinion on this pattern, so here it is for everyone, for what it's worth.

Firstly, I wish the adult events had the guts to put up something like this! The bumpers are down! Let's go bowling! This is not some ditched up carry-fest and everyone can play on it. It's hard, but fair and it will stand up to the traffic. You can't ask for more in a national event.

Tonx is right about shiny equipment. Don't take it. Don't use it. You'll just foul the shot for everyone while shooting 145. Use solid reactive balls and at least 1000 surface or lower, play tight to the pocket (the outside is Out Of Bounds) and everyone can open up a little bit of friction for each other. Then follow it in and you can get a little bit of bounce from the traffic that went before you and 45 ft will provide some hold. Note: Some Hold

Long patterns are fairly simple in theory. You must create some roll and be accurate. Occasionally, the lane surface will make it trickier and your adjustments may need to be smaller than usual. I've never played in this house, so can't comment on that. Keep an eye on how they change and how your ball rolls through the pins in order to see if a move is coming due to carry.

Good Luck, Bowl Well, Keep your wits about you! Who finds it first, wins!

Cheers,
Jason

Do we need to pay a deposit if we are in A squad or can we pay the full amount on Saturday?
If not do you have internet banking so i can pay over the net?

Hello,

sorry can you please take Joshy Morel out
due to work commitments....

thanks and sorry

Ok guys, i have spoken to the manager and on friday night at about 8:45pm we will be laying the pattern down for anyone who is interested, if u r please let me no so i can organise enough lanes for u guys.

cheers shane

michael and chris will be up there friday night but not until late as chris gets in at 8:45 from nsw

sorry to have not sent a dep. forgot all about it but i will be leaving with nick tomorrow and we will be there on saturday with our full payment sorry again.

Hi Ian
I think the scores are wrong because Shane Hadlum chucked a 298 in the last game and it says he bowled a 198 on that sheet:confused:
Thanks
Bec

Back
Top Bottom