SA Cup (Interested???)

This tournament has a lot of appeal for all those fringe bowlers - those with 190+ averages - because they wouldn't have to fight Australia's Top 10 for a payout....and a lot more chance of those bowlers returning for next year.

As much as I'm up for a challenge, I feel if I went to Mildura and did battle, the likelihood is I would quite simply be topping up the prize fund of the likely winners - one of the Top 10.

I would have to assess what I want to get out of my individual game and what is going to better myself and my bowling. For confidence purposes and my chances of cashing, I would be in for the SA Cup.

Hey there all.

The last post on this thread was posted on 24/07/11.

Is there still a likelyhood of this event being resurected in 2012???

I would assume that it will be on a different weekend to the sunraysia cup but is there any unpdates by those who are looking at organising and running this event??

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE.

Hi Sneezy,

Unfortunately due to lack of interest and more support for other interstate tourneys the SA Cup from my perspective is a no goer.

I hope someone in the future will look at running it but bowling in SA appears to have stalled.

Its a pity the "elite" SA bowlers would rather travel than support a local event.

Bmann.

Yeah. I suppose the other states offer more tournaments and more often than SA. Bowlers I guess are drawn to those as SA has hardly anything if nothing to offer in return.

I can see why people are supporting the Sunraysia Cup rather than the SA Cup. Mildura is putting on a **** load more money if you are lucky enough to do well on the weekend. It is also a new tournament so people are naturally drawn to something that is new.

Is there any chance of holding it on a different weekend to the Australia Day weekend??

Is is possible to get enough sponsors to support a decent payout, if the pay out is good and it offers more than an interstate tournament on the same weekend then there maybe more support for it and some interstate bowlers may come over to SA to give it a go?????

This probably fell down as this thread was started just after the Sunraysia Cup was made known on this site. People already new about Mildura and were probably thinking that was the better option. Had Mildura not have happened then I would have been there had the SA Cup got off the ground.

It is a shame that it didn't get up and running. Hopefully it may do so in the future.

Just my thoughts.

DAVID.

With the amount of decent tournaments around the country for people to bowl these days there shouldnt be any reason why 2 major tournaments should have to be scheduled on the same weekend.

Back
Top Bottom