Roto Grip RotoGrip Oracle Vision

Jase

Admin
Staff member
I am posting this Ball review for RotoKing as his Team has a total ban on posting on this site. I am posting this so he can enter the competition.

Basic Information:
Weight: 15 pound 4 ounces
Flare Potential: 7+ inches
Coverstock: Ultimate Vision Pearl Particle
WeightBlock: Cyclotron V
D-Scale: 73 – 75
Bowler Information:
PAP: 4inches across, 3/8ths of an inch Up
Style: Tweener
RPM: 240-250rpm
Speed: 26 – 27 km/h
Ball Driller: Alan Skupin (aka Scoops)
Home Centre: Fairlanes Perth City and AMF Cannington
Lane Type: Synthetic
Oil Pattern: House Pattern
Oracle Vision Information:
Weight (drilled): 15 pound
Side Weight: ½ of an ounce positive
Thumb Weight: ½ of an ounce
Top Weight: ¾ of an ounce
Drilling:
OracleVision.jpg

Thoughts on ball:
When I originally got this ball, I figured it would replace the Xfactor Vertigo I had borrowed as my heavy oil savour. Boy was I wrong at first.
It was originally drilled without a weight hole, but after a few frames, it seemed it was “wabbling” in it’s reaction. So in order to fix that, Alan put a weight hole in it and it was reacting a lot better.
After a few practise games with it, I thought I was really getting the hang of this ball, and couldn’t wait to try it out on Fairlanes league pattern.
It was a Thursday night when I first bowled it in a league, and I was utterly confused. The ball just wasn’t hooking the way I thought it might have on a fresh pattern. So I moved right to bowl it up the line. (Standing 17, shooting thru 10).
It reacted well there, but hooked just that bit too much that it was regularly leaving 9pins and 4pins.
So naturally my next option was to play with the coverstock a bit. I opted to attack it with a green scotch brite. Man oh man was this the wrong thing to do… The reaction I got from it was horrendous. It would roll way too early and have no energy left in the backend to make the turn to obliterate the pocket.
My next turn was to give it a quick scotch brite with the white one and then polish her up with some Storm Xtra Shine. This has to be one of the best things I’ve done to this ball. It gave it that extra length before it started to rev up, which in turn gave the ball much better reaction and larger backend. Which meant I could play the lines I normally play with my other balls, but on heavier conditions too.
Now after a while the polish has slowly come off and the Oracle Vision’s reaction has become more and more suited to the way I bowl and am glad I have gone through this experience of learning what ball alterations can do.
All in all I think this is one greatest and certainly one of the most challenging balls I’ve ever gotten to own, and am thankful for the experience it has given me.
Versatility: 7/10
Hook: 9/10
Performance: 9.5/10
Overall: 8.5/10

Back
Top Bottom