Rookie heating up on the west coast

perthling

Rookie
Wow! How come no-one told me about tenpin earlier? A little aged for a rookie (30yo), I'm a recent convert to the sport since giving up basketball, owing to too many injuries. I've been bowling casually about weekly for almost a year, and I'm self-taught.Researching the sport I quickly found I'd need to learn to hook if I wanted to post some high scores, and Carol G at Joondalup recommended the freeze. Racking up two 198 games I thought I'd never break 200. Then just this month I've broken the voodoo and turned a corner - 235, 216, 209 then back-to-back 220, 222. Average 182 for last four series'.Getting myself a Roto Grip Bandit to step it up a fraction, and I'm joining a phantom league starting this week (so I can still keep up casual weekly bowling with mates). If that goes well, might sign up to a more formal league a find a coach to give me some tips.Any way, that's me! Just got my TBA membership sorted (support your association!) and will keep checking out these forums, so you might see my name around from here on in. Luke Harris.

Welcome ! 250 soon, you'll find. At 30, you've done the right thing. Another 40 years to look forward to, at least !!!

Jim.

Good news, what we should be doing now, is discussing further what influenced this gentleman to take up the sport and develop a pretty decent level of enthusiasm, bottle it and repeat it across every bowling centre in the country.

Great ball choice with the Roto Grip Bandit by the way! ;)

Back
Top Bottom