Hi, Richard Palma here

rpac23

Posse Court Jester
I just noticed the Member Intro's section of the forum, so I thought it was a good idea to introduce myself.

My name is Richard Palma, i'm from Sydney. I've been bowling fulltime since March 2006.

I bowled in a doubles league at Manhattan SuperBowl in Mascot 1in 2003 with my friend Benjamin Adams. This league was called the Alphamania League. I bowled 2-3 months untill I went overseas and lost total interest in bowling all together, while Ben had issues with work.

March 2006 I went to New Zealand with Ben for 1 week. We found a bowling centre in Porirua, Wellington. We had a look, and we ended up loving bowling again. Once returned, we bowled at Mascot and Nikos Koumandakis got us back into a doubles league called the New Gangsters. We teamed up as Da Outsiders and ended up winning the league.

Now, just over a year later, I've been keeping busy in several leagues. I now bowl in Manhattan SuperBowl Mascot, Manhattan SuperBowl Liverpool and AMF Randwick. I do leagues in each of these centres just to fill in spare time. (I have lots of spare time, and being in the construction business, I can afford it! :p ).

I have bowled in the 2006 TBA NSW State Championships, making it to the finals of the restricted masters.
Went to Tasmania in October last year to participate in the TBA 45th Annual National Championships. I ended up making it into the restricted masters finals, but got eliminated in the second round. I also participated in the Intercentre Cup, and ended up coming in 3rd place.

This year I plan to do a few tournaments, but I need to cut down on leagues (i'm nuts, i'm doing 5 leagues, sub for 1 and doing a phantom league). Once I just keep my mind on what I'm doing, I'm sure I can improve on my 160+ average and become a scratch bowler (isn't that everyones dream? ;) )

I've hit the highest game of 255 so far at Manhattan SuperBowl Liverpool, and my highest strikes in a game is 10. My highest spares in a game is 9, and that was last night. :)

I've had some great people in the business help me and just be there for me when i needed help. Just to mention a few, Nikos Koumandakis, Stuart Erwin & 'Papa' Bruno.

My friends in bowling is a huge list, so i'll just mention a few, but if I forget you, let me know. They are: Benjamin Adams, Tamika Spooner, Dale Fitzgerald, Raymond Chan, Justin Kennedy, Nikos Koumandakis, Leo de Leon, Chris Switzar, Anthony Turnbull, Trevor Kent, Beverly Crawley, Renee Adams, Joel Stevenson, David Rolfe, Justin Davis, Savva Selia, Jessica Nicholson, Leon Benarto, Peter Delimitrou, Michael Mayall, Rosanna Mayall, Darren Gross, Kris Rivera, Antony Changkaeomanee, Ingrid Coburn, Peter Coburn and many more. (yes, i'm bored, I had time to think of all these people. :eek: )

Thanks for reading, ask any questions, I'll be happy to answer them! :)

hey Richard welcome back to total bowling forums hope ya would take bowling up again after you came back from overseas

Oh I haven't left it. I've been back for over 1 year now. But I'm either in full force, or just nuts! I'm doing too may leagues now, I'm gonna finish them all, once thats done, i'm going to train and get some coaching!

Back
Top Bottom