Rolloffs and drafting

}-Adam-{

iLuZoN
I have a slight situation with the rolloffs for western Australia for the rockway side and would like to find out some information. Firstly my understanding Is you have to rolloff for your own state and meet their requirements before you can go on a draft list. Is this correct?

If this is, what happens when they don't actually have a rolloff and have a full team selection based off the performance at certain events and opinions of the committee. 1 of which is joondalup cup, and the first news anyone has heard of this was last Thursday.

I mean some notice would be nice, I have a work commitment for that weekend, I have also been told exemptions will not be allowed! So with me being unable to meet their short noticed requirements. Would I still be able to put my name on the draft list?

I have had a situation like this in the past. I simply put in for an exemption and I then got denied by my association, but then TBA were able to give me an exemption for the draft.

And does that mean I still have to actually nominate myself for Wa, even though I know I can't get an exemption? Or just apply for draft?

My advice is to Email John Coxon for a ruiling that can not be challenged later
The draft can be a bit of a joke sometimes, In respect to how some States use it

Does anybody happen to know the last time that any state drafted a Rachuig male? For all I know it could've happened last year, it's a genuine question.

I thought there was only two options for a state to get a team for Rachuig...had to be a roll off..and the options were first six on total pinfall...or first four and select two. Didnt know you could do total selection. Obviously draft after the roll off if you cant get six players.
Can anyone confirm when total selection was introduced.

Cheers
Trotts

Rachuig Team Selection criteria

7. SELECTION OF TEAMS
(a) Teams will be selected by the respective TBA State/Territory/Zone Association or a Committee appointed by that Association.
(b) Determining additional eligibility criteria is the sole responsibility of the respective State/Territory/Zone Association. Any appeals or complaints against non-selection or eligibility criteria set by a State/Territory/Zone must be lodged with that State/Territory/Zone for resolution.
(c) Selection must meet one of the following criteria, subject to clause 7 (h):
i) Full roll-off where the first six highest pinfall bowlers in the roll-off in male and female Divisions will be declared the Walter Rachuig Trophy Team, or
ii) Qualifying roll-off where the first four highest pinfall bowlers in the roll-off in male and female Divisions will be declared as members of the Walter Rachuig Trophy Team. A further two will be selected for each Division. All bowlers that have submitted a nomination for the event are available for selection, providing they participated in the roll-off or were granted an exemption.
iii) A State/Territory/Zone Committee may choose to select their team from participants in one or a number of events held in their State/Territory/Zone. In that case, the State/Territory/Zone Committee must determine the number of members to be automatically placed and the number to be selected. The State/Territory/Zone Committee must ensure adequate notification is made if selecting this option.
iv) If a Qualifying roll-off is held whilst there is an Australian team competing in a competition approved by the CEO and there are three or more bowlers from any one State/Territory/Zone in that Australian team, then that State/Territory/Zone selection committee has the option of the highest three roll-off bowlers being declared members of the Walter Rachuig Trophy Team, with a further three being selected in that Division.
(d) In the event that a State/Territory/Zone chooses option 7 (c) ii) for selection, they may grant an exemption to any bowler who has good and sufficient reason for not participating in the State/Territory/Zone roll-off. Such application for exemption must be in writing to the State/Territory/Zone Association and the acceptance or rejection of the application for exemption will be totally up to the State/Territory/Zone Association. Such applications from bowlers on National Team duties and bowlers with an injury/illness should be seriously considered.
(e) TBA recommends that State/Territories/Zones who adopt this option establish firm guidelines for dealing with Applications for Exemption.

I think the main concern for a number of WA bowlers is this part of the selection criteria -

Participation in the Joondalup Cup on 4th & 5th February 2012 at AMF Joondalup. Please contact AMF Joondalup to book your spot in the 2012 Joondalup Cup. [/COLOR]

For many there was only 2 weeks’ notice that you had to compete in this event, as TBAWA didn't publicly release this info until 20/01/2012.

Back
Top Bottom