Notice to Holt Draft Applicants

Peter Coburn

Sponsor
Please be advised that draft applications need to be received no later than next Wednesday evening (midnight) the 30th April 2008.

The draft list will then be distributed to the teams requiring picks in the reverse order of finishing in 2007.

Once the zones requiring picks have filled their teams the remaining bowlers on the list will be randomly selected to form the Restricted and Classic Holt Makeup teams and subject to there be sufficient numbers.

Any eligible bowler wishing to apply must do so on the attached form.

If you have rolled off but didn't make the team then you would be crazy not to apply for the draft.

You will be guaranteed of a lot of fun.

Liz

Nominations have now closed.

WA has the first lady draft pick to their Restricted team, followed by NT before the tournament committee and Holt ExCo randomly pick the makeup teams.

hey peter,

question for you, can someone put there name down even if they did not bowl in the roll offs, more if a team need a player and no draft ppl?

hey peter,
question for you, can someone put there name down even if they did not bowl in the roll offs, more if a team need a player and no draft ppl?

By the rules, no you cannot just be added to a team. Only those who roll off can do so. If you put your name down in for the draft after missing out, you can be drafted.

I guess now depending if the numbers are short for some teams, there may need to be a call up of bowlers I suppose. Male bowlers are high, but female bowlers are short at the moment anyways.

Richard is correct about the draft, it is only open to bowlers who were unsuccessful in their home zone (thus you had to roll off first)

As for a continued shortage, a first round invitation to resolve that would most likely, in my opinion, be offered only to the people who would've been eligible anyway - much like re-opening the draft again. It would hardly be fair to start inviting people into the zone teams if they didn't nominate first...

I don't think we'll be in a position dire enough to go outside that process though. Lets just wait and see who is offered, and who accepts, places with the zones.

Hey Jeff, hope you remembered to put all the draft forms in handed to you from NSW. I would really love to be picked in that draft team if given the opportunity. Fingers crossed that i will get chosen as i will be there managing the holt classic team more than likely (still waiting on confirmation of that from NSW Committee but will happen) anyway so would rather be bowling when restricted is on rather than watching my mates from NSW and ACT do battle over 3 days of competition.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

If a Classic team is needed, I know of 3 bowlers who tried restricted that will have a go.

FYI, the list is currently with the zones requiring picks to fill any vacancies.

It won't be long and we will be able to announce the makeup teams.

Hi Peter

I'm just wondering who the Draft list was sent to? I know for SQ we need to fill one spot and no-one has received a list of possible draft picks.

Clayton,

The above reference was with regard to the restricted draft.

Please check you email for the Classic draft list.

Congratulations to all who have been picked up in the draft.

I know I am thrilled to be bowling with Chris and Tillie and of the course the gentlemen :p

So now stay tuned for the make up team members.............

Liz

I am just speculating here but as the national body is having a meeting this weekend, my guess would be that the team will be picked then.

:)

Liz

Congratulations to all who have been picked up in the draft.
I know I am thrilled to be bowling with Chris and Tillie and of the course the gentlemen :p
So now stay tuned for the make up team members.............
Liz
Welcome aboard Liz. Will be great to catch up with you. Congrats.:cool:

The makeup teams were selected this afternoon via a random draw. A full list of all teams can be found here.

As we have been unable to contact all the selected bowlers to accept the position in the makeup teams, at this time we have only shown those that have been contacted and have accepted. Names will be added as we receive acceptances.

Our draft list was quite large so congrats to all that were selected. We look forward to your September participation in Adelaide.

For those that missed this year, thank you for nominating and we wish you the best in your endeavours to make future teams.

Back
Top Bottom