Results from World Championships

And i dont see anywere in my post were i was having a go at George. I was stating the bleading obvious. That is why they are winning. They have the right team in for the pattern. There is obviously no egos in the USA team otherwise Rhino wouldnt have gotten a go.
Sorry, I read it wrong.

Think about this for awhile. There are only three(3) countries in the world that have their own Pro Bowling Tours. USA, Japan and Korea. Japan and Korea sent their best amateurs to the World Championships. I wonder what would've happened had they sent their very own "dream teams"
Lots of haters in the world...It's a real shame that includes some bowlers.
:(

Looks like the Dream Team actually did win in the teams event. It has been interesting to watch the results and see that the US team of pros, despite winning the doubles the teams and a pair of bronzes in the trios, didn't actually win anything running away by any means. Pretty obvious that these are tough conditions (Belmo has his opinion posted on his site) that the US pros aren't used to seeing (not that the conditions they usually bowl on aren't tough). I wonder why Japan and Korea chose to not send their pros?

Masters start in a few hours, only Belmo playing for us, all our thoughts and well wishes are with him.

Here is the draw

1 Choi Bok-Eum KOR
16 Patrick Allen USA

2 Rhino Page USA
15 Walter Ray Williams Jr. USA

3 Tore Torgersen NOR
14 Pasi Uotila FIN

4 Osku Palermaa FIN
13 Tommy Jones USA

5 Jesper Agerbo DEN
12 Nayef Eqab Al Abadla UAE

6 Cruz, Alejandro MEX
11 Peter Ljung SWE

7 Jason Belmonte AUS
10 Dominic Barrett ENG

8 Robert Andersson SWE
9 Hussain Nasir Al Suwaidi UAE

WOW! Can't wait for Osku v. Tommy....

After Tommy's 300 in Weber Cup last year, he gave Osku a bit of lip....revenge could be so very very sweet!

GO BELMO...Dominic Barrett is no slouch, wish ya all the best mate.

The Korean didn't send the professional players because it's the other way around. The Korean 'amateur' members of the national team are better than their professional players. I don't know about the Japanese though.

Jason defeated in 5.....that's a shame after leading 2-0. Congrats for making it in the first place though.

Osku beat Tommy in 5.....yeah revenge IS sweet!

Walter Ray is playing Jesper from Denmark in the final, Jesper has shot some pretty big scores in the last 2 rounds, should be a great final

I'm curious, was there any media coverage of this event in Oz? In the states, even though bowling is a hugely popular participant sport/activity and the US did dominate the medals in the event (and I apologize for that statement in advance to those with the tall poppy syndrome:)), there was zero coverage. I guess bowling just isn't viewed as a spectator sport, despite the PBA Tour. I know the USBC and PBA are trying new promotional ideas but I personally wasn't impressed with the gimmicky summer outdoor events they televised the last 2 years (other than that Belmo got a run in this year's).
BTW, I do still have green and gold malaria and was really hoping to see Belmo et all have the kind of success that the dream team did. It was great to see Belmo make the Masters round and I guess from the scores the conditions were really variable and very difficult to adapt to. That said, I think Walter Ray did show that he's one of the best ever with his performance.

Still curious, was there any media coverage of this event in Oz and does anyone know why Japan didn't send pros on their team?

Back
Top Bottom