Redcliffe Final Results

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Here are the name of the top 20 who will proceed to tomorrows final at 8am. Todays format was 12 games qualifying, pinfall will carry over. 10 games on Sunday (no matchplay), then cut to the top 5 step ladder.

1st. Andrew Drew +173
2nd. Adam Lack +172
3rd. Tony Hamilton +121
4th. David Turnage +118
5th. Cathy Elwell +84
6th. Steve Hunt +80
7th. Carl Bottomly +67
8th. Amanda Frost +16
9th. Nathan Paterson -13
10th. Kirstie Mills -16
11th. Mike Sullivan -42
12th. Mark Sheehan -47
13th. Brian Robinson -68
14th. Anthony Ambrosio -69
15th. Jason Walsh -75
16th. George Frilingos -76
17th. Robbie Muller -82
18th. Kalvin Juffs -99
19th. Jason Pearson -106
20th. Barry Morgan -106

1st res. Darryl Alford -118
2nd res. Damian McAndrew -136

Well good to see the big man back ... Jason Pearson .. Motor Mechanic extraordinare makes the cut first tournament back.

What a champion !!

Thanks George - good to see the Tubster doing well, must be the new balls. :wink: Why are the scores so low?

Not an easy condition....with the short oil and the big back end, the speed of the ball was important, and a lot more energy was used to obtain the pocket shots. The temperature inside the centre did not make it easy either. As the day wore on, you had to push the ball harder, which was no mean feat given the heat on the lanes.
Still, I found the lanes to be quite consistent, with the exception of 1 & 2, which killed me!!! I'll still be there tomorrow to give it another go though!!!
(Just the humble opinion of an old left hander, perhaps looking for a small start tomorrow??? :lol: )

Jagga 8)

Let's just say the condition is VERY challenging :D

The outside is under/over (basically out of play), inside of 7 is scorable but dry. The huge backends making things even more challenging. The backends settle down after 2-4 games and then bowlers can score without having to maintain a 30km/h ball speed.

I am personally throwing my FREAK at 28-29km'h with 2 revs up 10. Drewy used a Yellow Dot for 3-4 games during qualifying, the rest of the guys and girls are mostly straight players with speed anyway.

We'll see how tomorrow pans out, Drewy is the inform horse but watch out for some late finishers.

G

Looks like my horse come up, well done to Andrew Drew who won the 2002 Redcliffe city Open (a feat he also managed in 1992, 10years to the date). Comiserations to Adam Lack who lead the tournament all day, finishing an impressive 169 pins ahead of 2nd at the end of the 10 games today.

In the first step ladder

Match 1 - 4. Carl Bottomly defeated 5. Stephen hunt

Match 2 - 4. Carl Bottomly defeated 3. David Turnage

Match 3 - 2. Andrew Drew defeated 4. Carl Bottomly

Match 4 - 2. Andrew Drew defeated 1. Adam Lack

Here are the rest of the results:

6th. Cathy Elwell
7th. Amanda Frost (jnr)
8th. George Frilingos
9th. Tony Hamilton
10th. Brian Robinson
11th. Jason Walsh
12th. Jason Pearson
13th. Mark Sheehan
14th. Kalvin Juffs
15th. Robbie Muller
16th. Mike Sullivan
17th. Anthony Ambrosio
18th. Kirstie Mills
19th. Barry Morgan
20th. Nathan Paterson

To make the top 5 today took -21, todays condition for some reason even more challenging than yesterday.

A big thank you to Don and his staff, a great event once again and I look forward to bowling next year. Breakfast was great and it was good to see the bowl pay down 1/2 entries to bowlers 24-40 (I think).

I would just like to say to Don and all the staff at REDCLIFFE BOWL i think it was an excelently run tournament and i take my hat off to you all.
It's been a long time sice i have seen a bowl give to the bowlers like you guys did this week end (ice water ,fresh sandwiches and the hot breakfast.Not to mention the 1 in 2 pay out.
To Drewy well bowled and congrats,i new you realy wanted to win this one.And to Adam well bowled as well,unfortunatley the shot you had today didn't hold up in the end.And for me my body is letting me know that 22 games in a weekend is something it is not used to :cry: .Perhaps i should stick to golf .On that note i had a great weekend and will be there again next year!If my body lets me.

Jase

Past Winners

Anyone able to fill in any gaps or correct what i have for this tournament??
Also when did tournament start, who started it etc would be welcome

1986 Winner Allan Atkins Ave 209 R/U not known
1987-1991 not known
1992 Winner Andrew Drew
1993-1995 Not known
1996 Winner Morty Douglas
1997-1999 Not Known
2000 Brandon Q ave NK Runner Up Ian Hughes
2001 Daryl Allford Ave NK R/U NK
2002 Andrew Drew Ave N/K Adam Lack Ave N/K

JanM
Australian Tenpin Bowling

Jan,
1999 Steve Best won, I think beat Rudy Turocsi (sp?) in the final. Can't remember the averages but they were huge.
1998 Carl B beat Richard Pirie, Pablo third.

Mark Ramsey won at least a couple of times in the early 90's - late 80's.

The ohnosecond strikes again - I think Steve beat Mark Robertson in the final in '99. Rudy abused me for beating him last game of matchplay :) and costing him top spot, so it couldn't have been him in the final.

previous results

To jan
1991 or 93 Carl defeated me & i was runner-up in 2001.
tony hamilton

Back
Top Bottom