Re-Birth of Capalaba Cup

mjmclo

At AMF Capalaba we are looking to resurrect the Capalaba Cup. After an absence of a few years we thought we would give it a go and see if we could turn it back in to a successful event. Starting off small this year to judge interest to hopefully build to bigger and better things in future.

Tournament will be held on Sunday 17th June, check in 12:30 for 1:00 bowl.

Format will be 10 games straight scratch pinfall, changing lanes every game. Bowler with highest scratch pinfall after 10 games will be named Capalaba Cup Champion 2012.

Entry fee $100.00 ($50 non-refundable deposit)

First place $500 (Based on 20 entries & will be adjusted accordingly. Max 40)

Payout will be 1 in 4 entries. Prize fund will be adjusted accordingly up or down to accomodate more or less entries.

Ring Capalaba on 3245 5666 to submit your name or post on this thread.

Player list so far as at 3/5/12

1. Adam Grandison
2. George Frillingos
3. Wade Naylor
4. John Whillans
5. Jay Palmer
6. Ben Turner

Lets get behind this event and bring back another scratch tournament in Brisbane.

Michael

They are having a scratch tournament at my wheel house! Oh hell yes count me in!

Hi Michael,

Please put Mitchell Comfort on this list.

Thank you.

Player list so far as at 4/5/12

1. Adam Grandison
2. George Frillingos
3. Wade Naylor
4. John Whillans
5. Jay Palmer
6. Ben Turner
7. Brendan Meads
8. Bianca Flannagan
9. Mitchell Comfort
10. Rikki Reid

Lets get behind this event and bring back another scratch tournament in Brisbane.

Just wanted to thank everyone so far for supporting this event. Hopefully will be a success and make it worthwhile to bring back on a permanent basis, which is what we are hoping for.

Michael

Hi Michael, I was just wondering if you thought of doing a top 4 stepladder shoot out at the end of the 4 games, EG 4 v 3, winner advances, to play number 2, winner then advances to play #1 seed, so it's 3 extra game, but something a bit differn't to just a 10 game winner, I know I would hang around to see someone beat George.

Spoke to Batesy and he will NOT be running the sports series due to lack of intrest.

He also hopes you get a great responce to the return of the Cap Cup.

Back
Top Bottom