??? rankings ???

CHIN said:
If you had payed attention also, I never mentioned the selectors for this team had very little bowling experience at the elite level. What I said was:-
"Unfortunately there has been contraversy with a lot of teams over the years"
I

Im sorry CHIN but you did mention the selectors for this team had very little bowling experience at the elite level, as quoted below..

CHIN said:
These people picking the teams generally have very little bowling experience at the elite level

I believe these were your exact words if only you scroll back up and have a read.. not attacking or anything..

I think what's done is done and I hope that the reaction that this team selection has made will have the selection panel review its methods of selection and hope that the method will follow the correct criteria for the team picked for the Worlds..
Congratulations to the guys and girls that were selected and I know that they will do Australia proud..

Alicia

CHIN said:
Unfortunately there has been contraversy with a lot of teams over the years, & when you put the selection of any team in the hands of others you are going to get problems & decisions that not everybody is going to be happy with. These people picking the teams generally have very little bowling experience at the elite level.

Sorry Alicia, but if you look at the beginning and not just pick out little pieces to suit yourselve you might see that I did not target the selectors of this team.

What I said, & what was on the original quote before your little editing trip was that "Unfortunately there has been contraversy with a lot of teams OVER THE YEARS." At no time did I mention the current youth team that has been selected. I was merely pointing out that these problems have been going on since bowling began. I was talking about teams I have seen selected over the 20+ years I have been bowling, & if your lucky enough to be bowling in 20+ years you will probably have seen a lot more of what has gone on in the last 20 years.

I also said that "These people picking the teams GENERALLY have very little bowling experience at the elite level"

Look up the word. It'll be under "G" in the dictionary. Means something like most of the time but not always.

stuff quoting, CHIN i think you used the term generally, and although this may be the case we are talking about THIS team. reading your post, yet again shows how you were talking about THIS youth team and its selection problems.

i wasnt here to debate wether your opinion is right or wrong, just to merely state my own on the issue of the selectors and how i feel that they are qualified for the job.

i dont feel the need for any futher negative disscussion on this matter.

thanx.

You started this quote stuff honey.

I dont know who the selectors were for this youth team so Im not commenting the there selection choices. What I was saying was that over the years there been a lot of strange decisions made with different teams. Those teams I did know who the selectors were.

Try reading & not reading into it what you want it to say

I believe there is a Junior/Youth forum this post should have been posted on from the start.

like i said before, i dont know who the selectors where for this youth team & i only know a few of the bowlers involved anyway, so i was not commenting on this teams selection choices. what i was saying was that over the years there have been many strange selection choices made in regards to state & national teams & there will be a lot more in the future im sure. those teams in the past i was reffering to, i did know who the selectors where.

kay & alicia if you misunderstood the point i was trying to get across i apologize. :D

Ok quit running around in circles guys,

Bowlers who deserved to represent Australia arent, and ones that dont deserve it are....

Simple as that

I nearly had a stroke when i heard that matty and ben didnt make it

if i was a selector id go

Ben Copeland
Glen Loader
Matt O Brien (Top 3 Ranking)
and one selected

David Porto

Just my opinion

Thats all ive been saying, its been happening for decades & will continue to happen. stop complaining & grizzling & get over it, everybody.

Ducati 851 said:
Ok quit running around in circles guys,

Bowlers who deserved to represent Australia aren’t, and ones that don’t deserve it are....

Simple as that

Ducati,

You should think before you type comments like this!!!!!!!

Put yourself in the team for a minute!!

How would you feel?
You have just been selected to represent your country and you have people on a National forum typing shit like that!!!
You think you are going to feel good about wearing the Green and Gold after reading that?

I would think not!!

Rather than us deciding who should and who shouldn’t have been in the team lets support the one that is going to represent Australia and give them our full support!!

Best of luck to you all

I do agree with Jase - its unfortunate but everyone will have an opinion as to who should be in the team and who shouldnt. Get behind the ones that are going, and those people who missed out (though being extremely disappointed), they will be determined to work harder and make it impossible for the selectors to not pick them in the team next time.

Well I dont agree Graham. When something is farked, people have to stand up and say something about it, cause if we all just said "well, the team's been picked, lets get over it" then how will bowling ever move forward and the exact same thing will happen next time because no one is accountable for their actions. This is the exact sorta crap, along with artificially inflated scores and egos, why bowling isnt seriously considered as a sport. There's just no credibility.

Now, I'm not saying that the bowlers that have been picked aren't great bowlers, because they are and they will do their country proud. But selection in the Australian team should be based on merit, hence why the ranking system was supposedly introduced. It's been a boys club way too long so if one of the powers that be doesnt like you, you dont have a chance of ever being picked. No wonder ppl have left the game in droves.

Anyway, thats just my 2 cents. Good luck to the guys and gals that got picked, bring home some medals.

P.S. Ducati, what about Micky Z?

The best way to prevent any controversies in the future is to hold roll offs for the teams.

Top ranked male & female automatic selection into the team.
Then the next top 20 ranked bowlers then compete in a roll off over the same format the event will be held that the team is being selected for.

Surely this will stop the problems.

Just my opinion.

Good Luck to them team that has been selected for this event.

For those bowlers who possibly should have been in the team, keep up the hard work, and l hope you get some form of explanation as to why you did not make it.

AdamT said:
Well I dont agree Graham. When something is farked, people have to stand up and say something about it, cause if we all just said "well, the team's been picked, lets get over it" then how will bowling ever move forward and the exact same thing will happen next time because no one is accountable for their actions. This is the exact sorta crap, along with artificially inflated scores and egos, why bowling isnt seriously considered as a sport. There's just no credibility.

Now, I'm not saying that the bowlers that have been picked aren't great bowlers, because they are and they will do their country proud. But selection in the Australian team should be based on merit, hence why the ranking system was supposedly introduced. It's been a boys club way too long so if one of the powers that be doesnt like you, you dont have a chance of ever being picked. No wonder ppl have left the game in droves.

Anyway, thats just my 2 cents. Good luck to the guys and gals that got picked, bring home some medals.

P.S. Ducati, what about Micky Z?

Hi Adam

I was trying to be positive.

With every selection, when have you ever heard someone say "I didnt deserve to be there". Everyone who puts themselves up for selection obviously thinks they have a chance, and would be stupid not to. It is always going to be disappointing.

That being said, I agree with the fact that certain people in the industry are in their own little worlds. Everyone going up for selection in any team should be well lubed and prepare to be done over, especially if one of the "selectors" doesnt like you. Such a shame, but thats life, and will probably never ever change.

Graham

Not to start any more controversy but sometimes not making a team is not the end of it all.
I have seen 2 people be absolutely devistated by not making a national team.
Both of these bowlers have made this team less than 12 months later.
One in particular has improved her bowling game, especially mentally 10 fold from what I have seen.
I suppose all I am trying to say, is that maybe next time, the ones that missed this time will be in next time. :confused: If that makes sense.

Rob.

PS. good luck and good bowling to those that have made the team.

Good afternoon.

National Rankings points!!! Sure it can be argued that maybe it hasn't been a major criteria, but its obviously NOT the only criteria. To have a set roll-off maywell solve some problems but in hindsight i doubt it will solve all arguments, and NOTHING ever will. "Set RULES" may be the key for the future also, because lets face they cannot be broken without a penalty... i beleive it is important to give ideas that may eventually improve the game and give a direction for our juniors.

BUT looking at the current rankings i the boys team are all in the top 9 bowlers out of 120 odd with points. The girls are all in the top 8 out of 70 odd with points, is this not major, i guess that could be argued also. I'm not taking sides but anybody who states any particular individuals should not be in the side needs there heads read.

7 out of the 8 in the team HAVE REPRESENTED their COUNTRY PREVIOUSLY.
ALL of those 7 HAVE earned themselves at least a MEDAL at RESPECTED EVENTS for OUR country. And as for all you guys and girls in the teams congrats on the high achievement, i know you all well and beleive you will do everyone proud.

AS for the rankings, having the events points carried over until the event is held the next yr is just a load because how is this meant to show who is in form anyway. Scrap the points from one yr and start them again the next.
Slats

LOOK PEOPLE GET OVER IT... THE TEAM HAS BEEN SELECTED...

Nothing is gonna be changed.....

People are always gonna miss out...

Yes people with say y other people didn’t get in... They think is shit etc etc... But the team has been selected and we should get behind them... not put them down by saying they didn’t deserve it... cause in my view 9 or 10 people could have got selected...
But the 4 guys and 4 girls who got select deserved it...

That’s my 2 cents for the moment

Ashley

Was going to stay out of this one..but just couldnt :)

All i really want to say is that i think SLATS as summed it all up. It doesnt matter how they pick the team ppl are still going to be disappointed. I am not taking sides either was as i have my own opinon on whop should be in the team but i am sure this is different to other ppl's opinon this is why selection is always tricky...however i think it is better then a roll-off. U should not pick a team on the events of one weekend.

As for the rankings i think everyone agrees they need to be changed, and i think TBA know this as well and are looking into. I mean Belmo is coming something like 10th in the rankings i know he travels alot but it doesnt show ppl it is not a true indication. I know a good example is with the NSW series been cancelled i like other lost many points for this year as i cant get them back.

But can everyone pls just support the bowlers who were picked. they did not select themselve so should not be cristised for it.

guys and girls just go out and bowl and do your best. Most of all enjoy it is an awesome experience and i am sure u will all enjoy it. For the ones that missed out..dont give up hope keep bowling well and keep putting up your hand to be selcted.

Yeah I agree, i apologize for my comments, but i do beleive that certain bowlers were hard done by, and not just cos of their rankings finish, but also for what they have and are planning to do,for the sport of bowling, but thats just my opinion, and to jase, your right buddy, we all need to get behind the team thats chosen.

i personally think selection is the way to go

i just want them to write it up as the major influence in the process and that the ranking points are only used as a minor guide

just so nobody misinterprets or gets confused in the future

ufortunately in this sport like every other sport, to get anywhere it's not how you can play the game it's who you know, it,s not fair :mad:

I agree with slats ranking points should be dropped after each yr cause if fair and then u can see where everyone is cause some people have off tournaments or maybe they don't but everyone has their opinion. all i say is that well done to the people that where selected and do us proud.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom