Ranking Points - Why have them??

spoon

Can somebody please explain to me what the purpose of having Ranking Points is for??

Also secondly, can someone please explain to me how the Australian Team selection process works??

Personally i'm not the biggest fan of the current rankings, but without the circuit of semi-major events that we had in late 80's-early 90's which used to attract ATBC and Pin Action Rating points it's about the best we can do. If the rules related to $ and lane conditions were relaxed a little events like Warnambool Cup, Barossa Cup plus some of the northern states events whose names escape me could have the status as far as ratings that these type of events used to have. I'd rather have 20+ ranked events like in the old days than the 10 or so we have now, if a few of these new 'rules' have to go out the window to get that done so be it.

I dont mind the idea of having a ranking points system. Shouldnt the Australian Team be selected based on a 12 month ranking scheme? Top 7 Automatic selection.
If this is not the case, what else is the rankings system good for??

I am leaving this topic up for debate....

So someone tell me, how is the Australian Team selected??

I would be extremelly peeeed off if I HAD to pay $50 just to nominate for Australian Team selection, and have a few people get in above me who are ranked below on ranking points.

(I am not having any personal attacks on anyone)

the rankings system i beleive is just a rough sketch to who our best bowlers are. not everyone bowls the same events and unless we do the ranking system will always cop some flack.

the current selection process is the best thing at this current moment and its puttin the results on the board. the selectors will other factors into consideration. consistant performances on the 3:1 patterns are things that might be used. state championships performances.

the ranking system will not be a clear indicator unless we get the bowlers to the same events all year round.

i dont think it will happen for some time

parlbs

Then rankings points are a good idea, it promotes something to strive for i guess, not just tournement wins. I belive that there should be "tournement of champions" where the top 64 in the rankings (or a number like that) bowl there own championship event. Might be a little exciting i guess.

Why bother having the lane policey if they are going to let tournements put down what they feel like and not even check it properly.

Oh yeah, check out the results of the AO pattern, sure it legal, but (and i mean BUT) have a close look and tell me if you guys find something, well.... a little strange.
Will post what i mean after a little thinking music (or in a couple of days)

Roy Boy

Back
Top Bottom