Other Radical Reax - Video Review

jason_doust

The Bowling Geek
G'Day Bowling Fans!

I’m very pleased to announce the release of my first ever video review. And the ball is definitely a winner! Imagine a stronger Hammer 3D Offset core wrapped in a strong solid cover and you’re getting the picture. Very strong, very predictable and surprisingly versatile.

The Radical Reax is Radical’s second release since moving to Brunswick for their pouring. I must confess to having doubts when they made the move as the stuff being poured by 900 Global was so good, but when you have Phil Cardinale now joined by Mo Pinel designing the gear, you can assume that the standards will be high.

See the review at:
http://bowlersedge.com.au/2013/05/radical-reax-bowling-ball-review/

Ken McLachlan is the Australian distributor for Radical Bowling Technologies. (Wholesale pricing on this range is very competitive too!)
Pro shops can contact Ken direct via:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0488-300-212

Cheers,
Jason Doust
Bowler’s Edge

P.s. Radical Yeti (sounds like a college band but rolls really sweet) review coming soon... Thought I'd let you know before I got buried under a mountain of "BOS" posts... :)

Cracker of a ball John - Uses what Mo Pinel describes as "the grandchildren of the Hammer 3D Offset Core" very heavy rolling, strong motion.

I have one on hold - looking forward to throwing it - esp after Jase drills it !

Threw this ball for really the first time Wednesday night on the Kegel Route 66 pattern and longish 45 foot pattern that is in the Kegel challenge range. Jason laid this ball out 60°x5”x45° and we took it from 1500 to 2000, with the conservative layout & the coverstock change this enabled me to get the ball through the heads a little better. The ball was very heavy rolling & gave a consistent midlane read - for me it almost told me when to move. Early on in the night the ball seemed to move a little early in the midlane and almost gave the illusion of straightening up in the midlane, what it was really doing was a nice controlled arc and later on in the night it let me get deeper on the lane and play into the track area giving me 2 or 3 boards to hit in game 3 & 4. At the moment on heavier patterns this is probably the ball I would start with as it gives me a great midlane read and a reliable indication of the breakpoint on longer/heavier patterns. Its a piece I would highly recommend to those looking for a ball that I think will suit several styles.

For some comparison my stats are as follows Pap: 4 1/4 across and 3/8 up (although Jason says this has moved slightly), speed approx 15 mph, axis rotation 50 degrees, axis tilt 30-35 degrees with a 300RPH rev rate (not a great deal by today's standards I know but it gets the job done). I have attached a picture of the ball so you can see the layout - there is a small weight hole on my pap to bring the ball back to legal that you cannot see. A big thanks to Jason & Bowlers Edge for the layout & the drilling, to Radical Bowling for the ball and the K M Bowling supplies for bringing in the equipment. The bigger boys make & sell alot of equipment - but that doesn't mean the smaller guys gear is not good.

Thanks for reading my review and I hope it helps you make a better & informed decision.

Attachments

• radical layout.jpg
    radical layout.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom