RACHUIG ROLL OFF OR SPORT SERIES

bfcc

Could the bowlers who bowl in the sport series please let me know if you are rolling off for the sth qld rachuig team as we now have a clash of dates!!!

IF THERE ARE A NUMBER OF BOWLERS I MAY HAVE TO LOOK AT CHANGING DATES BUT THIS WILL BE HARD AT THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!!!!

Rachuig or sports series

It is unfortunate when we have a clash and the last thing that the Rachuig Committee wants is to take bowlers away from another event.

Possibly in 2005 - the persons running the Sports Series event may wish to be involved in the Rachuig Committee - (TBAQ AGM 19th March at Sports House) and plan to incorporate the Roll off into your Sports Series event from 2006 may be engineered. Why not? This will indeed support your event calendar. Just a suggestion?

Your feedback?

I think the sport series events are tremendous and are an excellent way people can try out conditions they may encounter in tournaments - I would like to do a statistic chart of how many of our Qld bowlers who attend these series are also successful interstate and on other ranking tournaments as a result of learning on these conditions or if they just serve the really important role of giving new tournament bowlers a start in this field?

Gail Torrens

Whilst I appreciate that it is difficult to avoid clashes with other tournaments, the Sports Series, Twin Tour and ATBSO all set their calendar for the following year in October or thereabouts. These dates are advertised on Total Bowling along with Nationally Ranked Tourn. dates which have to be finalized (and Accreditation paid for by 1st Dec.) and the dates forwarded to TBAQ.

The tournaments above have all proved their popularity over the last few years with large gains in numbers.

If the AGM is in March of 2004, why are the dates not set for the Roll-offs until the first week in February 2005?

Questioning the validity of other tournaments should not be an issue.

FLOWER

Don't change...

I wouldn't bother changing your date Jeff, after all the roll off will probably only get 8-9 bowlers anyway....and besides that it might clash with golf if you move it...a shame about the clash but you have done everything you could to avoid it....maybe you should set your dates 3-4 years in advance...

To me it seems like a case of ignorance by TBAQ. With the information that has been provided with Tournament Dates of Events that have already been set well in advance, looks like TBAQ have taken the Big Dog attitude and turned a blind eye. Why wait till next year to incorporate the rolloffs with the Sports Series?

2002 - Rachuig - 20 /21st April

2003 Rachuig Roll offs - April - 12 / 13th April

2004 - sames dates - April 3rd/4th and 24/25th April

2005 - April Rachuig 2/3rd & 23/24th

TBAQ dates are consistent over the last 4 years.

This year TBAQ also checked the Asia tournaments for the Open Grade bowlers - dates still fell consistently in April -

Please assist TBAQ. Sign on to be one of the Rachuig committee so we can do this more fairly.

Please give us dates now for 2006. Between the bowling community and the new Rachuig committee incoming - we can set the date this week for 2006 and advertise it now.

As April dates will be the same next year if no one has input?.
Please note TBAQ try to keep to the same dates every year for all events including the Zone Championships.

I am not on any of the committees but I felt it was unfair of persons to criticise decisions made by those who do actually put in time for bowlers.

We do very well with the 8 or 9 bowlers! we have contending the team as we seem to finish in the top 3 places Nationally most years. Just luck I guess? Those persons who nominate are passionate about this tournament. They earn my respect -everyone who tries out for Rachuig because they put themselves on the line.

This is the hardest tournament in Australia and the standard is incredibly high. It is like making the cut in a big tournament - you don't blame everyone and everything if you don't make it the first time. You go out with the experience of the last year and work on whats missing. That is why our team is good. It is roll off - top 7 - you make the top 7 you are in the team.
If you are interested in making the team and gaining experience from the entry you would be most welcome.

- If you are not - you don't come. If you are not coming because of the clash - that is where TBAQ lose and the bowler loses. The people who turn up have prioritised the team.

TBAQ would apologise for any clashes that may compromise a bowlers tournament results. That is the last thing TBAQ would want to do.

Gail Torrens

Gail I understand that the dates are consistant and its all fine and dandy that TBAQ want to set the dates for the 2006 rolloffs now, but why was it left to just this last week or two to set them for this year?

But I guess you can't answer that cause as you said....your not part of the committee.

These other tournaments that now clash with it were set last year around October/November as Mary stated. They can't wait around till February for TBAQ to make their mind up!! :roll:

This criticism is a little unfair.
There isn't a South Qld. committee for either Rachuig or De Veer for that matter because no-one wants to nominate for a committee position.

The co-ordination of these roll-offs were done from the office of TBAQ with one outside volunteer helping.
TBAQ is not supposed to co-ordinate and organise State Team roll-offs because it's not in their offficial development plan which is submitted to the State Government.
Sure we do it, but we also run the risk of getting on the wrong side of Sport & Rec. and believe me they monitor all State Sporting bodies very efficiently.
Certainly the finger can be pointed at TBAQ for not insisting that Committee positions be filled, but its hard when people just want to bowl and leave the arrangements to others.

Until we get bowler participation on these committees the clashes of date will probably continue, the accommodation problems won't go away and generally bowlers will remain unhappy.

Its not just about fixing a date that doesn't clash, it's also about finding someone who can be available to run the roll-offs on that non-clashing date. So how about a little tolerance guys, when was the last time you offered to be on a Committee?

Isnt it amazing how people read things?

The original post was asking the Bowlers who compete regularly in the Sport Series that if they were trying out for the Rachuig team they should contact jeff and let him know. Then if there was sufficent numbers he would try and move the date to accomodate these bowlers who want to compete for S.E.QLD.

So if you are one of these people please get in contact jeff a.s.a.p so something can be done.
Especially those with sizable side bets riding on the bowler of year points!!!

hamster

Why not just hold the tournament on the day for anyone not bowling Rachuig, but not count the points for this round towards bowler of the year? That way, the date does not have to be changed, the round will probably still fill even with a few bowlers not there, and no-one is disadvantaged by the date clash.

hamster said:
So if you are one of these people please get in contact jeff a.s.a.p so something can be done.
Especially those with sizable side bets riding on the bowler of year points!!!

hamster

All I know is that Hampson and I have a sizable side bet going and I haven’t yet spoken to him but all I know is that if these two events clash than I may have to miss one of them, and wouldn't it to as it would have to change everything about the side bet. At this stage I am leaning towards having to bowl the sport series as I don’t want to see an opportunity to win some money go by. I was thinking of nominating for Rachuig, but this may have swayed me other wise. Maybe rather than have the roll off over two weekends maybe they could have it over two days and bowl 18 games in a day if it has to be decided over 36 games or just have it over two days and 24 games. This way they could run it on the two Saturdays and the sport series can run the Sunday as planned. Then no one has to change weekends and everyone can bowl in both if they choose too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does the team have to be decided over 36 games even 28 isn’t a bad number!!!!!

Jase
(aka Captain Freehook)

It can be decided over any number of games the committe decide.

It can be bowled at any time the committee decide.

It can be bowled at any venue the committee decide.

The nomination fee can be any amount the committee decide.

You wanna bowl topless? guess who decides the dress code. Yes you got it.

How do you get on this Committee?- Been there done that.

Andrew S. said:
It can be decided over any number of games the committe decide.

It can be bowled at any time the committee decide.

It can be bowled at any venue the committee decide.

The nomination fee can be any amount the committee decide.

You wanna bowl topless? guess who decides the dress code. Yes you got it.

How do you get on this Committee?- Been there done that.

What has this really got to do with what I posted? Yes you got it; you have gotten under my skin now as I was being quiet serious with my point of view Andrew.
And one thing you left out it was this logic thinking committee that had us also traveling over an hour every day to the bowl but you for got to mention that didn’t you. Oh sorry have I let the cat out of the bag there.

Its smart arse oppinions like this that really make you want to tell the committee members to stick it all up you arse and find little children to bowl for there state. Not Adults who can think for them selves and have an opinion.

Jase
(AKA Captain Freehook)

Sorry Jason thats not a smart**** opinion its a fact and I know things could have been organised better last year.

The point remains that unless we can persuade you bowlers to participate more in decision making, things won't change much.

Andrew S. said:
Sorry Jason thats not a smart**** opinion its a fact and I know things could have been organised better last year.

The point remains that unless we can persuade you bowlers to participate more in decision making, things won't change much.

Yeah well Andrew fact or not, I am sick to death of trying to put our point across and getting anything done about it. I put up a serious post to have some clown shoot off at the mouth in a smart arse manner.

I was in this side last year and I know they didn’t have any input about anything because we came with allot of different ideas to help boost numbers but nothing changes year in year out and they wonder why they don't get the best bowlers representing there state. I could give you plenty of reasons, but Graham wouldn't have enough room on his site to list them, so we try and fix a few and you blokes give us your oppinon and tell us if we don't like it then piss off!!!!!!!!

Well I tell you how it is a business man. I support both the Sport series and Twin tour as a sponsor and believe you me Mary Flower and Jeff Brigg have done a tremendous effort for Qld bowling in this state, and you can't even take there tournaments seriously, so that says a lot about our current committee.

Mary had 150 bowlers on the weekend more bowlers in one squad alone, than what most tournaments is Brisbane get period.

So next time you think you are just giving facts, perhaps you should think about who and how you are giving them to,and maybe ask a few more questions. I know first hand that we all said that 36 games were too many even our Captain agreed but where has that gotten us now, no where once again. It was a simple suggestion to what I though was a simple problem but perhaps I have once again tried to involve myself too much.

Jase
(aka Captain Free hook)

Jase, I'm sorry you took offence at my post or posts, They weren't intended to be flippant or smart ***** and I would like to publicly apologise to you.

Andrew S. said:
Jase, I'm sorry you took offence at my post or posts, They weren't intended to be flippant or smart ***** and I would like to publicly apologise to you.

That’s fine Andrew thank you for that!

It really doesn't fix the problem we have with the clashing of tournaments and roll off's for this year not to mention the behind the scene problems that Rachuig have every year.

Hopefully now people may take a look at the fact that bowlers do want to change things and have a say and not be lead around like elephants year in year out. Remember these people are adults that you’re taking away not children for a week long tournament. To perform at the best of their ability, then you can’t take them away from there every day life environment and tell them they can’t do this and they can’t do that.

Hopefully now the people at the top may listen to ideas of the teams involved and take into consideration there views of the matter.

Jase
(Aka Captain Freehook)

Back
Top Bottom