Rachuig Incident

B

Bill Gardiner

Can someone tell me what if anything has happened about the Scott Saddler debarcle that unfolded in last years Rachuig. In my opinion he not only showed total disreguard for the TBA by not signing the code of conduct form that we all HAD to sign, but he also brought the game into disrepute. I think that if this matter is not dealt with in a stern manner and a severe penalty is not handed down then it gives the message to all bowlers at all levels that no matter what you do or SAY on the lanes then nothing will happen but a slap on the wrist and a don't do it again.

The fishing is great :)

Pretty sure that was all resolved after the days play wasn't it?

All parties called into a meeting etc etc all finished on the night.

Could be wrong though...

The entire Victorian team was told if we did not sign the TBA contract or whatever it was, that we were not allowed to bowl.

So, how does it change for some and not for others? I got nothing against either of the individuals involved, i just find it ridiculous that some people were forced to sign it, and others werent.

Well milkman the NSW teams were also told it was compulsory to sign as were all the teams to my knowledge. It just strikes me as funny that the one person who had not signed it before the start of play Scott Saddler, was also in a team that had a TBA official as it's manager in Frank Costans. Now in my opinion it is both bad managment on Frank's part and a total disregard for the TBA on Scott's part.
The TBA keep telling everyone that they want the game to improve and become more professional, well maybe they should start by getting a commitee together that is professional. I think that June and Frawles do a very good job with what they have to work with.

During Rachuig I was told by two team officials that there teams had lodged an official complaint with the TBA over the debarcle that occured. Both officials told me that there teams wanted Scott to face a comittee for bring the game into disrepute which I also think is a good start. I also believe that a comment like the one that was made should carry the maximum penalty that can be handed down for any offence.
I personally would like to see a ban of two years imposed for the incedent as it not only brings the game into disrepute it is just bad sportsmanship.

The fishing is great.

Back
Top Bottom