Rachuig Final Results

Cricky

Manila 2009
Final results attached below.

Congratulations to all the team members - good luck in Canberra.

Mens Manager - Matt Dickson

Ladies Manager - Aaron Franklin

Assistant Manager - Darrel George

Attachments

• Rachuig 2008 roll-offs.xls
    56 KB · Views: 258
Well done Boys and Girls, if there was a prize for bowling on Korn Flakes you guys would be World Champs.;).

Well done to everyone that made the team. We definately have a great looking side this year. It was definately tough and I will never take a roll off for granted again.

Also Well done to Garry and Damian Crick for being the first father/son tandem to bowl Rachuig for Tassie (C'mon Dad, weak as piss)

Looking forward to laying down a Mild Pounding in Canberra.

Congrats to all that made the team... was a very interesting weekend to say the least.

I will bring my safety goggles next time to protect myself from flying topcoat.

Forget to mention to most important position.

Coach - Brett Riley

(sorry Brett - dementia is setting in)

Congrats to everyone who made the team. Bad luck to the ones they missed out Nice to see Garry and Damian together in the team at least

I will see you all at Canberra

Congratulations to all who made the sides, sounds like it was an interesting weekend.
Congrats to Garry and Damo on the first father/son Tasmanian Rachuig representation.
Would've been like standing on the outer wing at the Norfik' Speedway with all the crap flying about everywhere from the sounds of it :p

*Hopefully* the situation is fixed up by the time the next roll off comes around, not fair on anybody, not to mention not a very realistic scenario for any team going away to be dished up bollocks like that.

(*Realises it's not the centre's fault AMF have been promising to fix the place since Jesus was full-forward in the Nazareth thirds.)

Congratulations and good luck to everyone who made the teams :)

Congratulations to all of those bowlers gaining selection in the 2008 Rachuig teams.

I have had a little play with the results spreadsheet and did some further analysis of the performances over the 4 days, makes for some interesting observation as to how the scoring changed from day to day.

Cheers

Attachments

• 2008 Rachuig Roll Off_Final.xls
    62.5 KB · Views: 94
Does make for some interesting reading, and just goes to show, that consistently generally wins out. Most of the guys near the top, while having a big day or two, were able to let their "bad" day be a high 190 type average. Thats the key.

Well done to all that made the team. Special congrats to Damo for making his first team. Also once again a great effort by Deb, who would have finished second in the Men.

Im officially a "has been" now (thanks for making that official KC) - but I might add glad to be calssed as that, too many young guys making it harder all the time for the older guys to keep up - which is good for the Tassie. Looks a good team.

Im officially a "has been" now (thanks for making that official KC)

You're welcome! :D I did include myself in that category too though remember lol. You're just more experienced at it than me ;)

Congratulations to everyone on making the team. The conditions made for interesting viewing that's for sure, was glad I wasn't out there too.

Chris starting with the first seven in the last game to cement his spot was the highlight for me. Anyway good to see a nice blend of youth and experience. I'm sure everyone including the women will do the State proud.

At the risk of Andrew again suggesting I must be bored at work ;) I have (in my lunch hour :rolleyes:) added a bit more analysis plus corrected an error in Annie's score that I had carried over from Hobart.

Attachments

• 2008 Rachuig Roll Off_Final.xls
    53 KB · Views: 50
I too wish to add my congratulations to everybody who made team. Every person undoubtably earned their spot. I wish to also congratulate the Crick family on their achievement this year. Not only is it the 1st Father and Son but I think the 1st Father, Son & Daughter combination to represent their state in Rachuig. anywhere in the country, in the same year. (no doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong.)

*Hopefully* the situation is fixed up by the time the next roll off comes around, not fair on anybody, not to mention not a very realistic scenario for any team going away to be dished up bollocks like that.

I wish to make some comment on the above, as I think that this statement is a little unfair, unjustified, and the results do not back it up.

Yes the lanes at Lonny are bad with Top Coat flying left right and centre. Yes the Pattern this weekend was tough, but I want to add some points for everybody to think about.

Taking the Lanes, Lanes Pattern, and Pins that are 10 weeks old out of the equation and only looking at the Scoring, consider this:

1. You have to remember the Selection Trials were for the best 7 Bowlers that nominated. The best 7 bowlers in that list of 15 made the team, and made the team comfortably at the end of the 24 games. The cream rises to the top no matter what the condition is.

2. The Top 7 bowlers that made the team, as a group avereaged 199.61 (-33 for 84 games) for the weekend at Launceston. That says to me that the lanes were pretty fair and reasonable for the bowlers who could adjust to the conditions. 4 of the 7 Averaged 200+ at Lonny with the other 3 b/w 193 & 197. In the Last 3 Games of the weekend, each one of those 7 bowlers were playing the same part of the lane, pretty much the same way. 6 of the 7 shot 600+ for the last 3 games. When it came down to the business end, the Top 7 got the Job done when it was required! That same 7 Bowlers averaged 211.42 (+959) for the weekend at Moonah.

3. Traditionally, Moonah is 10-15 pins Higher scoring than Launceston. This proved to be right on the money with the Top 7.

4. Rachuig at the Nationals is No Walk in the Park. If you combine the Tasmanian team scores for the Past 4 years you get a Team average of 199.69.

2004 - 18682 pins, 207.58 ave for 90 games bowled
2005 - 17337 pins, 192.64 ave for 90 games bowled
2006 - 16856 pins, 187.29 ave for 90 games bowled
2007 - 19013 pins, 211.26 ave for 90 games bowled

(Interesting that when the Nationals were at Moonah, we had our worst performance in the last 4 years. Funny what some oil edgeboard to edge board can do...)

If you take all 4 of those points into consideration, you will see that even though the conditions of the Lanes is terrible, the scoring pace is on Right on The Money.

So, in my book, the comment "not to mention not a very realistic scenario for any team going away" doesnt have a great deal of substance.

The premise of the game has not changed since its inception. The game is not about the Lanes, the Lane Pattern, the Pins, the Balls or anything else. Its about who can post the best scores and close the most frames in the environment they are given and what they are presented with on the day.

Let me tell you, alot of people missed alot of easy, easy spares over the weekend (myself included). If each person in the Top 7 made 1 more of those spares each per game (12 frames each), then the scoring would have been just the same as the 1st weekend.

You wouldnt think that 1 frame per game would have everybody so upset, would you!

With reading a lot of the posts it seems the conditions weren't to most people's likings, however - there is a positive side.

As Gus has mentioned, scores were still very competitive for a tough shot - and isn't it far better to earn your spot knowing you have had to bowl well, rather than blasting the place apart on a ditched up house shot?

A "too easy" condition to qualify can cause doubt when things don't go well on a tough condition under the pressure of a National Championship, and that doubt leads to a lesser performance.

The Tassie team can go away with the confidence now knowing they can bowl exceptionally well on whatever condition may be laid for Rachuig.

Good luck and congratulations to all who made the team.............Max

It seems you completely missed my point Gus.

My point is that you don't go away and bowl Rachuig/Masters/Nationals on old wooden lanes where there's top coat peeling up all over the place.
It isn't 1968 anymore.

That was the exact point I was making, not about patterns set down.
For a Rachuig trial, they should be tough conditions set - very tough.
I didn't make any comments about the scoring at all - you inferred it.

That's why I don't blame the actual centre for the way things are with the surface, moreso AMF for letting it get that way in the first place, a fact in which you have posted on already a couple of times and can be clearly seen in my above post.
One would hope that that would clear things up for you. Yes? No?

I don't believe setting up free scoring conditions at Moonah is any more beneficial mind you.

Nice work with Excel there John!

Congratulations to everyone who made the team.
Shall miss seeing you all this year.
All the best in Canberra.

Jen.

Tiger,

I didnt miss your point at all, far from it. You said it wasnt a realistic secenario. The scroing made it a realistic scenario. At the end of the day, its about the scores that get posted on the scoreboard. Nothing else really matters.

You are correct with your comment in regards regarding to free scoring conditions. If you swap the weekends around, The roll-off at Moonah only benfitted 1 person, which was Garry. The other 6 were in the top 7 scores from lonny.

Im gunna have to back Gus up here.

I was probably more shocked at the conditions of the lanes than most (I havent stepped foot in the place in 12 months) and in that time the change in the lanes and their appearance is big - to say the least. They look terrible. HOWEVER, in the one and only game I witnessed (the last one) the condition looked pretty fair to me. If you threw a good shot, you found the hole, if you missed your spot you didnt. Most of the time, that's how it will be at Rachuig itself, so they are the best conditions to have a roll-off.

As I said in an earlier post, consistency and being able to adapt will normally win out in a 24 game roll-off as the players who can adapt the best will normally win out.

Well done again to everyone, lets hope a good performance will eventuate for both teams later in the year, and lets hope Lonny gets some much needed TLC and upgrades in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom