RACHUIG DRAFT

webber

I'm applying for this years Draft for Rachuig.
Can anyone help me on where to find the correct paperwork ect.

Thanks
Andrew:):confused:

This may sound silly but how is that word actually pronounced and what exactly does this format of bowling entail?

Not silly at all!

Pronounced like Rock-Way.

Format for 2009 is here.

I assume it will be the same this year. Others in the know will correct me. ;)

Bigsy

The word is correctly pronounced: Rock - way.

The event is held at the Nationals each year and consists of a scratch 5 man team event between the States and Territories of Australia and also a New Zealand representative team. Their is both a mens and womens team fielded by each state and the draft was introduced to help if a state or territory had trouble fielding a team. The rules do not allow a drafted bowler to play against their native state.

6 games per day over 3 days. 1 Point is given for a bowler head to head win and 1 point is given for a Team head to head win. The winner is the team with the most points after the 3 days.

All states conduct Rachuig trials to determine their representatives. In Victoria you have to had bowled in the State Championships to enter the Rachuig Trials.

Rachuig is the ultimate team event in this country. It has been held each year at the Nationals since 1962.

Terry

I'm sure that the rules allow a drafted bowler to play against their native state.

This exclusion was removed some 5 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom