R.I.P. Ruth Guerster

So sorry to learn of Ruth's passing. My family became good friends with Ruth when she was manager of Mornington Ten Bowl in Hobart during the mid to late 80's. A generous lady and a legend of our sport. RIP Ruth.

I recall being terrified of her when I first bowled with/against her - then I got to know her ..... she showed us the 'old' thumb in the potato trick for swelling back in the glory days of our sport. Sad to hear.

Sad to hear Ruth was a great champion, my condolences to her family she will be missed but always remembered. It seems the passing of time is starting to catch up to us all.

Ruth Guerster and Ross Bailey will be sadly missed, to their many friends and families Sue and I extend our condolences. The sport of bowling is a good deal worse off for their passing - different people, on different sides of the country with different skills - but both with the same desire - to make bowling better.

Sorry to hear about Ruth's passing, a champion bowler and a lovely person R.I.P. I bowled many Rachuig's with Ruth and she never ever gave up.

Geoff Vince
Tasmania

Ruth Guerster was the epitome of guts and determination on the lanes. Truly formidable. We have lost one of our great players of the pioneering days of Australian bowling.

Farewell Ruth.

Back
Top Bottom